// 2007 HCH paint issues?

2007 HCH paint issues?

We washed my wife's new HCH this weekend, using car shampoo and water, and when we were drying it, we noticed that what appears to be the clear coat is peeling off the hood. Curls of transparent stuff coming off the edges of the hood, plastic and pliant.
    She brought the car back to the dealer the first week to have them repaint the "running board" under the driver's side door, as the paint was flaking off to the black plastic. Now she will be bringing it back to the dealer to have the hood looked at...
    Anyone else suffering from a poor paint job with the 2007 HCH?

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Could be just lousy paint, but: it might also have been repainted in transit. At least here in BC, Canada, the standard new car contract states the car can have up to 20% of it's retail sale value in damage and the dealer does not need to claim it. Most customers don't even read it, or if they do, think this is carved in stone. It's not, it's printed on paper. You're entering into contract with another party, just because he printed the contract doesn't mean it's unalterable. Like any contract, it's negotiable. If both parties are agreeable, you can stroke out any clause, say append the value from 20% to $500, for example.

Anyway, enough ranting: it did happen with one of our cars that it had been sideswiped coming of the ship. It had one side completely repainted prior to getting to the dealership. It started peeling soon after we took delivery. The service manager finally tracked down the paper trail. Eventually we traded across with generous trade-in allowance, but not that great. I'm sure they still made their profit.

This could be your issue, or you could have a lemon paint job, or maybe some sealant treatment, though I don't think sealants are more than a glorified wax job. Before you agree to any body work, see if you check it's history. Sounds unusual.

Before you start slamming the car, dealer and manufacturer....Listen....It sounds to me like the dealer did not remove the protective covering (that the cars ship with) completely.
    It`s a plastic type coating that peels off. It`s to protect the cars finish from fall-out and rail dust.
    Detailers for the most part don't take the time to get it all removed. Mine had some on it too.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterT View Post
    We washed my wife's new HCH this weekend, using car shampoo and water, and when we were drying it, we noticed that what appears to be the clear coat is peeling off the hood. Curls of transparent stuff coming off the edges of the hood, plastic and pliant.
    She brought the car back to the dealer the first week to have them repaint the "running board" under the driver's side door, as the paint was flaking off to the black plastic. Now she will be bringing it back to the dealer to have the hood looked at...
    Anyone else suffering from a poor paint job with the 2007 HCH?
    MisterT:

While these occurrences are not very common on the HCH units built in the Suzuka plant they do occur. Statistically the number is very low (as of last quater <0.6%) and I can assure that Honda is indeed aware of this problem.
    For your information, this issue is not limited to Honda at all and the incidence is marginally higher for north american assembled Hondas.

I would recommend that you kindly ask your dealership to look into the issue and have it resolved to your satisfaction. If necessary please consult and alternate dealer and write to your Honda regional office. Please produce any documentation and pictures illustrating the issue and have them available during the entire process.

Please let us know how it unfolds.

Cheers;

MSantos

I will recommend you Autoankauf Düsseldorf they will recommend you something useful. Professional and very pleased with all of them 100% satisfaction in their ongoing seriousness and sovereignty! A great old values dealer who makes it a pleasure to purchase or sale a vehicle at autoankauf-duesseldorf.de
    Last edited by Cherry; 10-29-2020 at 05:42 PM.