// how to tell HCH engine from vin?

Hybrid View

how to tell HCH engine from vin?

does anyone know how to tell which engine the civic has: the .3YCV- california, better emmision vs the .33A6 all state version from the VIV number??. the epa.gov/greenvehicles site says they're using 2 different engines- my dealer knows zippy-do-dah about this, and since I am in NY does offer california emmisions cars. they have a KL in the dealer list but it's not part of the VIN- does anyone know if it is part of the VIN.??? I have a deposit on a HCH thats due in, but I'd really like to make sure it's got the better emmisions (if I'm gonna do it, I'm gonna do it right) and not get stuck with a nj or ct car. as of now, we could only tell by a "pollution index" sticker on the window.
    couldn't find a sticker under the hood (like honda says) and there wasn't anything on the new car window sticker either.
    sorry this is so long! can't believe I had to edjicate the dealer!
    thanks!!!

I want to punch this model by vin number

Now no one needs to be persuaded to find out the vin history of the car. If you want to buy a car or often check the vin number it is better to use the service Epicvin which will show you the entire history of the car in one click