Hi! I have a 2005 HCH with 211k miles. It runs good and I am pretty happy with the car for what I paid for it. However, I am starting to notice some of the typical hybrid issues. (decrease in MPG etc.) The car is definitely not still under warranty and there is no way i'm going to pay $2000-$3000 for a new battery. So, my plan is to build/re-condition a used battery pack from ebay or local used parts dealer. I'll start with an empty plastic battery case and as my finances permit, I'll buy 1 or 2 module sticks at a time and recondition them (deep cycle, balance charger) until I have a complete battery pack. I realize this will take some time but as I stated before, the car still runs good. I just want to get ahead of the game as I expect further deterioration of the current battery condition.

My questions are as follows.

1. Every battery module case i have seen has a blue and white sticker on the front with some type of identification numbers. Example: EV-PTH09BDB1, EV-PH6R5R24B, EV-PH6R5R20C, EV-PH6R5R24D, EV-PH6B526D. They all claim to fit 2005 Honda Civic Hybrid. So, what do all these numbers mean? How do I know which one is specific to my particular vehicle? Does it make any difference?

2. HV battery ECU. While im at it I was thinking about replacing the HV battery ECU since they are right there next to each other. Is this possible without any type of re-programming? Also, again, how can I know which one is specific to my vehicle and does it even matter?

All comments, suggestions, and information are greatly appreciated.