IMA issues - 2006 HCH

Hello everyone. I own a 2006 HCH RHD. A few weeks ago my IMA charge would be drained at any given time. i would drive the car to work (about 15 minutes) and it would be fully charged. By the time i take lunch (5 hours later) it would be drained. OR i would drive it all day with no issues, arrive home, put it in park and turn off and then it would die. I would still be in the car and have to manually unlock the doors to get out lol.

I don't know what the issue is. My IMA light isn't on and i changed my 12V battery several months ago. I cannot afford to purchase a new battery at all.

Also, i just need to open and close the car door once or twice for the battery to come back in. Then i'll start the car and the meter would be at zero and my clock resets.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

So i solved my issue. The terminal on my 12v battery was loose. The problem continued since my post. It got worse actually. A few minutes ago i go to the car and no power at all. No matter how many times i try. This never happened before and i thought my car was done. So i decided to check the terminal because thats what i see other ppl do (btw...i don't know much about cars. i learn as i go). I tapped it a little and power was restored. I let the next person i saw (literally) tighten it for me. and so far so good.

So i recommend checking the terminals. alot of posts seem to have very similar problems like me. And i'm assuming that since my battery wasnt connected properly, it caused the ima to not receive charge properly.