Post Switching to a Hybrid

Hey guys,

As the world is slowly not liking what we are doing to it with all the greenhouse gasses and global warming going off, i think its about time i started doing my little bit to help the environment. I have been looking into buying a new car but i wan't to go hybrid, obviously the Honda Accord or the Prius are the 2 main hybrid cars people go for. I have been looking into the Honda CR-Z hybrid 2016 model and it's looking pretty sweet to me i will place some specs below. What i am here for is this will be my first hybrid so what things should i look out for? what is the maintenance like to keep them running as well as possible? What does it feel like to go from gas to electric? I know these days the hybrid cars are designed very well and that it should be hard to tell the difference in the later models.

SOME SPECS
    Year: 2016
    Make: Honda
    Model: CR-Z
    Engine: In-line 4 cylinder
    Displacement: 1497cc / 1.5 L
    Transmission: 6 speed manual

Also if anyone on here has this car could you share your experiences with the CR-Z itself please!
    Any information/advice would be greatly appreciated! Looking forward to chatting to everyone.

Thanks guys

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

I have read some reviews online
    \"The 2016 Honda CR-Z doesn't drive as sporty as it looks, and its two-seat interior limits practicality. It's a fun city car, but there are better choices for a sport compact.\"

\"Pros

Good fuel economy; sporty looks.

Cons

Poor rearward visibility; excessive road noise; most rivals offer backseats.

What's New for 2016

For 2016, the Honda CR-Z gets an updated look front and rear, and more standard features and options, including a 7-inch touchscreen entertainment display and a blind-spot warning system.\"

Don't get me wrong the cons aren't so great but it could be worse

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrad View Post
    Hey guys,

As the world is slowly not liking what we are doing to it with all the greenhouse gasses and global warming going off, i think its about time i started doing my little bit to help the environment. I have been looking into buying a new car but i wan\\'t to go hybrid, obviously the Honda Accord or the Prius are the 2 main hybrid cars people go for. I have been looking into the Honda CR-Z hybrid 2016 model and it\\'s looking pretty sweet to me i will place some specs below. What i am here for is this will be my first hybrid so what things should i look out for? what is the maintenance like to keep them running as well as possible? What does it feel like to go from gas to electric? I know these days the hybrid cars are designed very well and that it should be hard to tell the difference in the later models.

SOME SPECS
    Year: 2016
    Make: Honda
    Model: CR-Z
    Engine: In-line 4 cylinder
    Displacement: 1497cc / 1.5 L
    Transmission: 6 speed manual

Also if anyone on here has this car could you share your experiences with the CR-Z itself please!
    Any information/advice would be greatly appreciated! Looking forward to chatting to everyone.

Thanks guys
    It looks like its all going the other way now.....

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrad View Post
    It looks like its all going the other way now.....
    After doing some research and chatting to a couple other people on a couple other forums they have actually changed my mind and turned me away from the CR-Z option. It turns out i would be better off buying a new-ish second hand hybrid and just giving it some lover where needed, this was it is even more Environmentally friendly also by technically recycling. I have found some awesome Hybrid motors i will place the link below if you fancy a look you can check it out

http://www.forsale.co.za/

For the readers