Tesla Blames Loose Electrical Connector For French Model S Fire

A fire that destroyed a Model S that caught fire Aug. 15 in France was caused by a faulty electrical connection, according to Tesla.

The blaze had begun on a drive with a Tesla representative on board along with two other occupants.

According to Tesla in France the incident was a relative anomaly.

“Usually, these electrical connections are installed by a robot, but for this car this connection was installed manually,” said Tesla spokesman. “There has never been a similar incident in another one of our cars.”

No further comment was offered as to what the wire was connected to, or why it had been installed by a human instead of a machine.