Six Projects to Spark Use of Fuel Cells
Oct. 18, 2006: The State
Fuel cell powered Segway Personal Transporters to be used on the USC campus are among the first six projects that will be funded through The Greater Columbia Fuel Cell Challenge.
Awards totaling more than $150,000 were made Tuesday during the annual meeting of EngenuitySC.
The other projects include:
• A backup power system at Benedict College
• A citizen’s school for hydrogen and fuel cell technology>
• A hands-on exhibit at EdVenture Children’s Museum
• Portable batteries for television cameras at ETV
• A first responders extended power pack for law enforcement and emergency officials