Toyota prides itself on greening more than its cars and OpenRoad Lexus Richmond showcases this vision.
OpenRoad Lexus Richmond has become the first Lexus dealership in Canada to achieve LEED Silver Certification in the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Green Building Rating System.
Toyota explained the 69,000-square-foot facility in Richmond, British Columbia, Canada, has made sustainability a priority in a wide range of ways:
- All of the site’s electricity comes from renewable energy;
- Water use has been reduced by 40 per cent through low-flow toilets, shower heads and faucets;
- Locally-certified wood is used throughout the facility;
- Indoor air quality is excellent, as a result of low-emitting interior carpets, paints, coatings, adhesives, sealants, and wood composites;
- Three-quarters of construction waste was recycled;
- Installation of heating and cooling systems and insulation material was used throughout the building;
- All cleaning products used are environmentally friendly, with minimal or no toxicity;
- Hybrids are given dedicated parking stalls, while courtesy cars for guests are hybrids, and staff are given hybrids to use; and
- There is storage space for bicycles and change rooms for cyclists.
“In its ongoing pursuit of innovation, Lexus is obsessed with design excellence,” said Cyril Dimitris, Director, Lexus Canada. “It is a source of great pride that OpenRoad Lexus Richmond has embraced this new spirit of design through this state-of-the-art facility. Not only does it reflect the vehicles we sell, which includes the largest luxury hybrid selection, but it also builds on our commitment to environmental sustainability.”
Located at 5631 Parkwood Way, OpenRoad Lexus Richmond now has has the largest indoor Lexus showroom in Canada, housing 20 vehicles over two floors.
With valet service, 18 service bays, six detailing bays and four new vehicle delivery bays, OpenRoad Lexus Richmond said guests are assured of fast, convenient service experiences, and they can take advantage of luxurious onsite amenities, including a Lexus lounge complete with massage chairs, a 60-inch satellite television, computer work stations, wireless internet, complimentary beverages and a serene outdoor patio.