Nissan Offering Leaf Service Upgrades

Since December 2010, Nissan has sold some 11,000 LEAFs in North America. Now, it’s offering the owners of these cars, a complimentary software update designed to improve the vehicle’s practicality.

Said update is designed to improve the accuracy of the LEAF’s on-board range indicator as well as improve time-to charge estimates, providing owners with a better picture of how far the LEAF can travel before the battery pack needs replenishing and how long it takes to fully charge the vehicle, via data from Nissan’s Carwings telematics service.

“It’s something we’re encouraging everyone to do,” remarked Nissan North America Technology and Motorsports Communication manager Steve Yaeger. “The upgrades are quite useful and [will] improve the ownership experience.”

Current LEAF owners are likely to receive news about the update either directly from Nissan or their local dealers in the coming weeks, with the latter instructed to perform the upgrade free of charge.

More Hybrid News...

  • dutchinchicago

    I leave my house with 102 miles predicted range. After 26 miles I used up 60% (7/12) of the battery. Now the cars shows an expected range of 52 miles using the remaining 40% of the battery. This is with driving with the heating off and below the speed limit (but in cold weather).

    There is no way they could make it worse.

    I switched my Leaf for a Volt. The Volt is usually within one or two miles of the predicted range.

  • the other anonymous

    I know what happens to PCs running MS softwares the first Tuesday of every month…..,
    I am not expecting a BEV to have a similar ‘period’ problem.

  • Jeff

    Sounds to me like they released the orignal car with poorly optimized software and they are simply fixing it now. Nothing new and with even more data being collected over time they will get it to a very high degree of accuracy. Don’t worry, be happy.

  • Diesel Chip

    It is nice to upgrade car to improved and had better performance.

  • taudor

    I also believe that this is a good idea to upgrade their cars and to offer to their customers the best services from this are. Let’s not forget that Nissan is one of the best cars and it has a lot of advantages from many points of view..not only for the speed.
    Oferta Aer Conditionat

  • Harryhammer

    Were you climbing Pike’s Peak?

    The Nissan Leaf won its division in the Pike’s Peak race.

  • Harryhammer

    Were you climbing Pike’s Peak?

    The Nissan Leaf won its division in the Pike’s Peak race.

  • kemhit

    I really happy to read this post,I was just imagine about it and you provided me the correct information I really bookmark it,for further reading,So thanks for sharing the information. KMEC

  • jones22

    I think this is so good to see that Nissan is offering this. So much will come from this in the future. So many will be taking advantage of this service upgrade. custom programming orlando

  • SimonAbsher

    We’re a gaggle of volunteers and opening a brand new scheme in our community. Your web site offered us with useful info to work on. You’ve done a formidable activity and our entire neighborhood might be thankful to you. Homepage I believe this internet site holds some rattling great information for everyone :D.