Email a Friend
Get A Free Home Charger When Buying A Renault ZOE
Photo GallerySorry there are no photos!
In the lead up to the UK showroom launch of its 100-percent electric ZOE on June 7, Renault has become the first car manufacturer to offer a free domestic charging point with a new fully-electric car purchase.
The free Single Wall-box, supplied and installed by Renault’s preferred electric vehicle charging partner, British Gas, is available both to new customers, as well as those who’ve already pre-ordered a ZOE.
This offer makes the most of the recently announced 75 percent support on domestic Wall-box installations as part of the government’s £37m grant funding to increase take up of electric vehicles, with Renault contributing the remaining 25 percent.
The offer will save a typical customer up to £500 and will contribute to make the electric Renault even more affordable and easy to run.
Customers already save up to £5,000 on the price of their electric car from the government’s Plug-In Grant. In the ZOE case, this brings the car’s UK on-the-road price (£13,650 to £14,750 depending on trim level) down to an equivalent diesel supermini and becomes another incentive to make the switch to electric.
British Gas will install a 32 amp (7 kilowatt) ZE ready Single Wall-box with all new and pre-ordered purchases, and have it fully operational ready for owners well in advance of charging their pure electric ZOE at home for the first time.
Renault said the process will be seamless. When customers place an order for a ZOE, British Gas will be informed straight away. They will then simply contact customers to arrange a convenient time for a home survey and installation, approximately one month before delivery of their car.
Renault believes that around 90 percent of charging will take place at home, with ZOE’s battery able to be charged from completely flat to fully charged in just three and a half hours with the Single Wall-box.
As an added ‘green’ bonus, the ‘data-enabled type 2 Wall-box also allows customers to see how much energy the car is using and the comparable emissions savings they are making via an online app.
The ZOE can also be fast charged to 80 percent of its capacity in just 30 minutes using public Rapid-Charger 43 kilowatt power sources.
The Single Wall-box can be installed at any UK residential address with a GPRS signal, and has an attached lead, meaning that drivers don’t have to delve into the trunk at night to find the cable to plug in.
Also included in the package is free access to the public charging network across the UK.
Commenting on its latest initiative, Renault UK’s Andy Heiron, Head of Electric Vehicle Programme, said “we’ve been delighted with the level of interest the British public have already shown in ZOE, recognizing the major steps forward it makes in electric vehicle technology. Adding a free Wall-box to its chic styling and tempting pricing now makes it an even more irresistible proposition.“
The ZOE official NEDC range is 130 miles, with a real-world range of around 90 miles in temperate conditions or 60 in cold weather.