+ Reply to Thread

Anybody have their key fob drain & not work ?

I went to get in the car today and the system says I have no key ! I called the dealer (Service was closed, but I talked to a salesman) and he seems to think there is a problem if the key fob is left next to a cell phone. It either drains or wipes out the key ???

My hubby had to come resuce me from the shooping center parking lot. His key worked fine.

Anyone else have this happen?

Is there a remedy or is the key totally dead ?

How willing is the dealership to replace the key at no cost?

It seems like this is a critical flaw in the system. I'm sure I'm not the only person that carries both my keys and my cell phone in my purse !!

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Here's a link that covers this topic:

http://greenhybrid.com/discuss/showthread.php?t=13833

Thanks much !

We got no warining when we bought it, nor a letter from Nissan. May have been timing. I guess we'll be at the Nissan dealer Monday AM to get a new Key, and hope they send "fixed" ones soon.

Cheers !

Key info

IMPORTANT INFORMATION
    2007 Nissan Altima Sedan
    The 2007 Altima Owners Manual advises not to place the Intelligent Key (I-Key) near electronic equipment
    such as a TV, audio equipment and personal computers. Nissan has received reports that some cell
    phones, when allowed to touch the I-Key when receiving or sending a call, may alter the electronic code
    contained in the I-Key. The I-Key will then not start the vehicle and the key cannot be reprogrammed.
    Do not allow your cell phone to touch your Intelligent Key.
    Nissan is developing a modified I-Key to prevent this from happening, and will provide you with these new
    keys, at no cost to you, in early fall 2007.
    Until then, we advise you to keep your cell phone and I-Key at least 1 inch apart at all times. For
    example, do not carry your cell phone and I-Key in the same pocket of your clothes; do not place the IKey
    and your cell phone together on a table or in the cup holder of your vehicle. If you put both your cell
    phone and I-Key in a purse, we recommend that you place them in separate pockets or compartments of
    the purse with at least 1 inch between the I-Key and your cell phone. If you experience an incident with
    one of your two I-Keys, the second I-Key may be used to start your vehicle.
    If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact a Nissan representative at 1-800-240-9924.
    Nissan North America