+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Too small for 6 footers?

Anyone out there have a Prius and who is 6 feet tall (or taller)?

I have yet to test drive a prius, but read that the car may seem a little small for people in the 6 foot range.

Thanks for your feedback.

Mike

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

It doesn't bother my husband who is 6-foot tall

My husband didn't complain when we test drove both Prius Base and Prius Touring. I don't think it bothers him and in fact, it does have plenty of space in the cabin.
    Truth to be told, go and have a test drive, try to keep it longer and get a good feeling whether you are comfy enough to drive it.

I'm 6 foot and my son is 6'2" and we both drive the 2007 Prius. I'm fine and he has headroom. His knee does hit the cruise control on turns occasionally so there could be more room, but this is a rare problem.

foot & hip angle

How is the foot and hip angle for you?

I test drove a Prius and really liked it, but the foot and hip angle for me is different. I'm not sure if it's uncomfortable because it's different and something that I would get use to? Or, is it so much that it will just be always different and possibly painful. Please let me know your experiences....

thanks,
    -pete

Quote Originally Posted by mikeg View Post
    Anyone out there have a Prius and who is 6 feet tall (or taller)?

I have yet to test drive a prius, but read that the car may seem a little small for people in the 6 foot range.

Thanks for your feedback.

Mike

I am 6'2" and when my wife said she wanted to test a Prius I said
    "NO WAY, I AM TOO TALL"....Wrong.....I have plenty of room, front or back seat and I really love the gas mileage and am impressed with the way it drives (rides)!!!

I'm 6" on the button and I don't have any problems fitting in my Prius. I've not had any problems hitting the cruise button, or any other control for that matter.

I think the best bet is to find the optimum distance from the steering wheel no matter what height you are, but especially so if you are tall. That way you can avoid problems hitting items like the CC control.

The original Prius was based on fitting the smallest woman and tallest man in the 90th% limit. This is 4ft11in for japanese women and 6ft3in for American men. (The key word is fit, not make absolutely comfortable at the extremes). For men outside of this limit, it gets hard quick. A few have actually taken the seats apart and removed foam to make a much better fit.

6 ft would be well within the range for the seating to be quite comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by tekn0wledg View Post
    I'm 6" on the button and I don't have any problems fitting in my Prius. I've not had any problems hitting the cruise button, or any other control for that matter.

I think the best bet is to find the optimum distance from the steering wheel no matter what height you are, but especially so if you are tall. That way you can avoid problems hitting items like the CC control.
    heh, 6 inches tall?

Seriously, I'm 6'4" and drove on on a test drive, felt just fine but I'm not too picky.

6'5"

I'm 6'5" and I drive an '06 Prius. I fit fine, with plenty of headroom to spare. If I had to ask for anything, it would be an extra inch or 2 more of legroom. My right knee sometimes comes precariously close to the shift knob.

I also wish the seats hinged on the bottom rear, so I could "rock" back a bit, rather than just recline the seatback.

Getting in the car is a bit tight, but with the gas and time savings I'm getting (California carpool lane) these minor complaints I have become meaningless. I LOVE my Prius.

I'm 6"0, and usually have headroom troubles, but I had no issue with the front seat of the Prius.

The backseat is another story. Try sitting in it with your head against the back headrest. You'll be sandwiched in there like a sardine in a can. I think the people who have no issues with the headroom simply lean forward the whole trip.