+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertDog View Post
    Good point about the short term trim, I looked at it with the engine off. The long term trim varies a little around -8.6%, but not that much. As fas as the negative numbers, everything I see on the web indicates that negative is richer and positive is leaner, which I agree seems counter-intuitive.

I am using my scan guage, sending 0106 for short-term and 0107 for long-term.

Interestingly enough, absolute fuel pressure is reported, but relative is not. Ambient temperature is reported and seems pretty accurate, my guess is that it's coming from the battery vent.

When I finish figuring out what all things can be read with the SC2 for the FEH, I'll post a table if anybody's interested.
    The information I posted came from the '05 Escape Hybrid Powertrain Control/Emissions Diagnosis Service Manual almost word for word in section 1-38 & 1-39.

From what I've found, the PCM uses all temperature sensors to determine outside ambient temperatures. MAF would be another sensor it may compare with. Same thing with vehicle speed, the PCM uses 3 sensors to compare speed. When one of the sensors is incorrect, the PCM compares the other sensors and may give a trouble code for the incorrect sensor. An example would be changing your tire size that didn't match the programmed gear ratio. The PCM programming would need to be changed to match that tire size to clear a trouble code with the old tire size programming.

All information you or anyone else can give is welcome here. We can compare what you get from what each of us gets to improve or understand each of our conditions better.

GaryG

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Desertdog, here is the Ford patent regarding Long Term Fuel Trim and KAM:

"This invention is a method and system for a hybrid electric vehicle adaptive fuel strategy to quickly mature an adaptive fuel table. The strategy adaptively alters the amount of fuel delivered to an internal combustion engine to optimize engine efficiency and emissions using engine sensors. Before the adaptive fuel strategy is permitted, an engine "on" idle arbitration logic requires the HEV to be in idle conditions, with normal battery state of charge, normal vacuum in the climate control and brake system reservoir; and, the vapor canister not needing purging. The strategy orders the engine throttle to sweep different airflow regions of the engine to adapt cells within the adaptive fuel table. In the preferred configuration, a generator attached to the vehicle drive train, adds and subtracts torque to maintain constant engine speed during the throttle sweeps."
    http://www.freepatentsonline.com/644...es&stemming=on

GaryG