+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: wait times?

wait times?

Hi, I've been researching the FEH and MMH 2008 models online. I've come across a few mentions of long wait times and/or waiting lists (not necessarily for these vehicles, but for other hybrids) I'm moving to Southern NJ soon and I need to buy a vehicle right away. I've checked the inventories of the local dealers and they have one of each vehicle, but not exactly with the color and features I desire. Does anyone know anything about wait times for either the FEH or MMH 2008s? This will be my first experience buying a car, so any advice would be appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Wait Times

I ordered by new 08 Escape Hybrid 4WD about second week of May. It arrived at dealership on Saturday, June 23. Ice-blue metallic. Looks awesome!

wait times

I ordered mine on May 4, 2007, dealer said approximately 8 weeks, now it is 12 weeks. I live in the vancouver area in British Columbia, Canada. The dealer told me that there has been a big surge demand for the FEH and this is causing a backlong.

I ordered ours May 12 and was told there would be an 8 week wait. I've read that the FEH sales in Canada have increased 150% in the month of May and I guess there would be a sales increase in the U.S.
    The plant where they are built, Kansas City, has been working overtime plus Saturdays to keep up.I think they go on a 2 week summer shut down the first 2 weeks of July.
    I live in London,Canada and expect to get ours by the middle of July.

In Edmonton I was quated 16 months however i bought the lot model as it had only 103 KM on it and gave it to me at invoice (fwd addition) Aperantly dealers that have FWD models want to get rid of them cause most ppl want 4wd.... they cant order a second demo until the first demo is gone(prevents further backlog)

went to a different dealer

July the 4th I contacted the dealer I had ordered my black pearl slate FWD with everything except nav system. Still did not have a build date, I asked aboput the new pricing, was told I wasn't eleigible for it as I had ordered before July 1, 2207. I asked if I bought one today would I get it, answer yes, told I didn't understand. Was told if I cancelled I would have to wait another twelve weeks. The additional wait was not an option for me as I need my car for work, par t of my job.

I went on the internet to see if there were anyother vehicles close by, found 3 alll 4wd, two were my colour one was green, the green one had all the optiosn, I wanted, the other two didn't, one had the basic packkage the other had everything including the nav system.

I cancelled my order and bought the one with nav and everything, signed the papers at 12:30 had the car on the road by 3:30.

I really did not have a good feeling dealing with the other dealer. However I am please to recommend ocean park ford for anyone looking for an FEH in the lower mainland.

I don't know why there is such a delay, hopefully ford Kansas City reads these boards.

I have to say, everyone who sees this vehicle loves it.

Thanks for the opportunity to tell my tale. I love this hybrid.

No more orders?

Just bought a 2008 FEH from dealer stock. I had been looking and was about to order one. By fluke, the dealer got one in a dealer trade for a hard to get Edge. While I was there the owner told me that due to backlogs Ford was no longer accepting factory orders and it could be months before he could order another. I don't see any reason he would be blowing smoke since he can't keep hybrids in stock (this was the first one he had in months) and he wasn't steering me to a different car or asking a premium for it.

The 2008 Escape seems to be a hot seller, in general. This is a big dealer and he usually has only a few conventional Escapes in stock and they don't even stay on the lot for a week.

South Jersey

Hi We ordered our 2008 Escape in South Jersey the last week of May and it arrived the first week of July. there were only a couple in stock and we didnt want the fully loaded model so we ordered one.
    Im not quite sure why they dont stock more. You can also go to Fords web site to search other local dealers to see who has them in stock.

T

Quote Originally Posted by FEH2008NJ View Post
    Im not quite sure why they dont stock more.

T
    Ford only makes a limited number of Escape Hybrid models because (from what I understand) they lose money on each vehicle. This was the same story for Toyota with their Pirus until last year. Ford's financial status limits their ability to quickly reverse this situation.

On the Greenhybrid.com forum, a poster quoted a worker at the Kansas City Escape plant as saying "they are working overtime with six additional Saturdays on schedule in an attempt to erase a 20,000 order backload!

Still Waiting!!!

Ordered 08 Escape Hybrid from Bethesda MD. dealer May 24, 2007. They took in my trade that day since I have another car to drive and gave me a check for the differance between pay off and trade value. Today is 8-1-07 and the dealer still doesn't have a build date and with the factory on their 2 week break I won't know anything until I figure 8-17-07.Salesman said I was #1 on the list of 5 Hybrids ordered from the dealership that are all pre sold.