+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

New disc pads require fluid

New disc pads require fluid to be pushed out of the calipers to make room for the new disc. I haven't done a brake job in years, but I always bleed the fluid at every wheel. Air in the system can only come out by bleeding the brakes, it cannot dissipate. If you had no brake issues before servicing, I'd look at bleeding the brakes and HCM improperly as the issue now. You can get a HCU code if not properly bleed. Sounds like the dealer wants more of your money.

A SGII can be programmed to read much more than the PCM. Other sites have information that tell you just how to program many other modules. Cleanmpg.com and greenhybrid.com have this information. If you join these sites, you can get a discount on the SGII and follow post on FEH programming for the SGII.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Gary I went to the dealer

Gary I went to the dealer today to tell me which codes he pulled from my ABS module and he said DTC 1524 which is the incomplete brake travel calibration code. I guess you were right that the dealer was trying to make money off of me. That code can be calibrated by stepping on the brake pedal in park. Does the pedal get calibrated at each starting? The calibrating do you step on the pedal in park and then start the car. Can I reset the computer without pulling the battery? I am going to go for the brake flush at the dealer tomorrow.- slowing down from highway speeds results in a spongy funny feel in the brake pedal. I just don't understand how air could get in a closed system.

If you get a brake system

If you get a brake system flush, the tech must back your FEH from the parking space. He should know to have the FEH in park and press the brake pedal down to calibrate the pedal before moving. The calibration does not need to happen again till you lose power to the system again.

Air gets into the system when the pads are changed because the bleed valve must be open to expand the calipers for the new pads. The tech should bleed each system to do a proper brake job. If the brake pedal is allowed to travel back up when the valve is open, air will be sucked into the system. If air was still in the system after a brake job, it's the techs fault and you should not pay for a bad job.

With all the work performed on your FEH, it sounds like you're being targeted to being ripped off every time you have a problem. Shops like this are all over the country. The dealer I use knows I can see a scam and does not even try that crap with me. A new used FEH owner with 160,000 miles that lives near me ask me for help with a problem. I told him that his MECS pump was bad and recommended my SA and dealer. He called me and confirmed the dealer said the pump was bad and said he needed all this other work done. He got a good price on the pump, but they wanted to rip him off on all this other BS. I told him to just get the pump changed because he had no other problems with his FEH. This goes to show you can't trust anyone these days. A simple oil change can end up costing you a brake job, new tires, transmission flush, coolant flush and any thing else they think you can afford. On sites like this, I see rip offs every day by their dealers. Some things you really need and should get repaired, but I've seen others like a eCVT transmission flush when the fluid is a lifetime fluid and never needs changing.

Good Luck

We are having the same

We are having the same situation. All of sudden the lights go on and the chime for the ABS or Check Brakes sounds. I feel as though I have to really push the brakes harder to get the car stopped. It's like the power brakes go out on me. My brother has the same vehicle but a year earlier than ours and he is having the same problem. He took to the dealer and they said it would cost $250 to disagnose it and that they do not have any recall or any other information on this problem. I find it hard to believe that no one else has taken their car to a dealership and that they would be unaware of the brakes failing like this. We have to tune the engine off and let it sit for a few minutes and then turn it back on and the lights will go off and then it's okay for awhile but has happened again during the same trip.