+ Reply to Thread

Broud new owner of FEH 08

just bought last night pick up in 2 days, had to take there demo as it was a 3 month wait to get them so i should be becoming a regular.... Hello All!

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Betadog View Post
    just bought last night pick up in 2 days, had to take there demo as it was a 3 month wait to get them so i should be becoming a regular.... Hello All!
    Welcome and congrads on the new '08. You should be very happy, so tell us about the vehicle.

GaryG

Well im VERY excited... Wait time here in edmonton alberta is 3 months to get one but i grabed the lot model FWD at invoice so thats great.

Wanted the tungston grey but not worth the wait so took the darker blue. No nav (would be great but cost about 2.5k ) and not realy that inportant to me.

heated lether seats car starter and and crome pack..

I been studding your how to drivers for about a month ever since my wife said it is time to buy a new car. All my reaserch pointed me to the FEH as just seems to be alround best vrs price..... I did toy with the jeep patriot idea as it is realy good on gas but is not a hybrid.....

I believe its time for everyone to step up and do what they can for our youth and i am taking that step... Gas saving is nice bonus to lowering emissions.

Well I will Be around chatting alot and hopefully we see more people joining in.

Welcome

Welcome to the Hybrid family! I have a 2006 Mercury Mariner Hybrid (MMH) and love it!

You will find excellent information on the SUV hybrids here. Gary G is the hybrid KING, although he is modest about it. Ask any questiosn you want and begin the learning process of a new way of driving!

I bet Gary will say you should have went for the nav system, although i understand the anxiousness in wanting the car NOW! You can gauge your driving much better with the nav, i wish i had it.

Happy driving!

Mark

so after having for a week now .... I Love My FEH 08 this thing is down right amazing....

Going to share a little trick i have learned this week.... (all in km cause im canadian) i found if im driveing at 60-70 KM/PR and i give the break a quick heavy tap ...(not slow tap) it drops rpm and goes into All electric mode and holds steady at that speed..... great trick i had not read anywhere.

should mention i drove halfway across edmonton all electric ..... Man this is one fantastic SUV. Fits family and all we need just right

I should also mention if you do not like talking to complete strangers on a regular basis this is not the vehical for you. In my week i have had the hood open at least 5 times and it seems every tie i stop people look as soon as they see the little plant hybrid symble that chat is on...... PPL are very interested in these hybrids... and many many people are afraid of em.

Double tap

Quote Originally Posted by Betadog View Post
    so after having for a week now .... I Love My FEH 08 this thing is down right amazing....

Going to share a little trick i have learned this week.... (all in km cause im canadian) i found if im driveing at 60-70 KM/PR and i give the break a quick heavy tap ...(not slow tap) it drops rpm and goes into All electric mode and holds steady at that speed..... great trick i had not read anywhere.

should mention i drove halfway across edmonton all electric ..... Man this is one fantastic SUV. Fits family and all we need just right
    Hey Betadog! The "double tap" is what you are referring to with the brakes. It actually is all over the place from Gary G in his articles, but now with so many other threads it can get lost. It is a great technique to get to EV. For me it seems to just be a single, sometimes a double, pump on the brakes when i am under 40 MPH, it usually wont do it until I am at 30MPH.

I also agree that if you are a shy person then a hybrid may not be for you, it is a great way to meet people. People stop us all the time at the store, the mall, wherever we are to talk about the hybrids.

I am glad you are loving your car! Happy Driving!

Mark

Every day i am happier and happier this is the best car well suv i have ever driven.... Infact i cant wait to get off work every day to go driving....