+ Reply to Thread

price negotiable?

Hi all.

We're looking at picking up a hybrid Altima for my wife. I was wondering how firm the prices are on them. Will the dealer move at all? My last few cars were Saturns (fixed price) and Minis (pay whatever the dealer asks...), so it's been a while since I bought from a "normal" car dealer.

Thanks,

David

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

i think it all depends on where you live. i'm not sure if california will budge on the price, but here in the northeast (i live near boston), the price is very negotiable. i think they have plenty of inventory as well. if you are around boston and want a tech package, the place to go is clay nissan because they have 8 in stock. my salesperson was pretty straight forward too, so if you are interested, PM me and I can give you his contact info

I purchased mine at Marlboro Nissan - only option was the floor mats - for $24,000 and included the .07% financing. The Nissan site shows they have 19 hybrids in stock.

I'm in Souther Ca and was able to get my altima with the convience package for just shy of 24,000. You just have to find the right dealer who is willing to negotiate on the price, you should never pay what the sticker price says.

Quote Originally Posted by 07Altima4me View Post
    I'm in Souther Ca and was able to get my altima with the convience package for just shy of 24,000. You just have to find the right dealer who is willing to negotiate on the price, you should never pay what the sticker price says.
    well...it really depends. if you want a car within the first month, then you might need to (if you want it that soon). it's all supply and demand, and let's race it, the NAH isn't exactly a high demand car right now. It has had a nice climb climb in sales the last month though

$1130 to $1480 off MSRP

2007 Nissan Altima Hybrid (base model)
    Options:
    - Floor mats
    - Kick plates

According to edmunds.com:
    MSRP = 25,895
    Invoice = 24,265
    What people are paying = 25,310

What we settled on = 24,765
    What we re-settled on, after the wife yelled at them for the surprise $350 "admin/doc fee" = 24,415 + 350 admin/doc fee

I don't have a clue if the admin/doc fee is legit, but whatever... As far as I can tell, I got it for between $1130 to $1480 off MSRP, and not too much over Invoice, so I'm happy.

Went in on Sunday, 01Jul2007 at about a half hour before closing 5pm (by complete chance), after a day of test-driving Toyotas. I had NO intention of buying a car that day, just trying to get the wife to pick something (Camry/Prius/Yaris/Civic/Altima...). I was wanting the Camry Hybrid. But, as the last day of the month landed on a Saturday, they moved the "last day of the month" to the 1st. Took a long time with the test drive (we loved the Altima test drive), and choosing options, and mulling over the sale. By 6pm (closed +1hr) the haggling was easy. By 7:20pm (closed +2hrs) they were doing anything to make the sale. When they mentioned a $350 "fee", a short scolding from the wife, and it was removed. They just wanted to make their quotas, and go home. We were done by 8pm. Picked it up today.

Know the invoice, and the invoice of the options you want, pick your time (end of month, after closing), be ready to walk away. Eat something BEFORE going in - this is critical. Make the salesperson get up and walk to the business guys at least 3 or 5 times. Make the business manager guys come over and give you a sob story. Every dealer is different, but this is my story.

Good luck!

-Gren