+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

We get it....

Geisman,

I saw your exact same response to the front page story. We get it....you don't like hybrids.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

next year, pay attention to 'two mode' hybrid. that is real hybrid of GM. big SUV like Taheo will adopt those technology.

08 Vue Green Line Coming Soon

Quote Originally Posted by AirplanePilot View Post
    Didn't GM pull the Saturn Vue Green Line recently? Maybe I am mistaken, but I thought I read something about that somewhere.
    (Disclosure: I work for Saturn communications)

We briefingly stopped production of the Vue Green Line as we move to an all-new 2008 model. The new Vue hybrid begins production in October.

well, if you ask me, this is

well, if you ask me, this is a clever way to boost sales a little, by using some 'catch' words like hybrid or energy

that's all there is to it, in my opinion

I purchased a 2007 Saturn

I purchased a 2007 Saturn Aura Hybrid, and currently have close to 20,000 miles on the odometer. I chose the hybrid after back-to-back-to-back test drives with the 3.5 litre XE and 3.6 litre XR. We also considered the Civic (4 cyl gas), and the Toyota Matrix. The local Honda dealer was a snob, who wouldn't even let us test drive a car until we had put down a $1,500 deposit, so I couldn't even compare the vehicles before I bought (my buddy has since purchased a Civic, so I have driven it). The Toyota dealer was nice, but raised the price of the car $1,500 in order to give me what I wanted for a trade-in....no thanks, I can do simple math.

We did receive the $1,300 tax credit, which offset the slightly higher price of the green line. In addition, the hybrid came with more standard features (which were options on the XE), so we didn't pay too much extra for the hybrid as it was comparably priced when compared to the features of each car.

Since we have owned the "hybrid" (in quotes since many of you claim it to be a false moniker) we have generally exceeded the EPA gas mileage claims, especially on the highway. Around town (the majority of our driving) we consistantly average 27 - 28 mpg. On highway trips, we get an average of 34 mpg. We did average 37.5 mpg on a winter trip to the Wisconsin Dells (with five adults comfortably seated in the car, and luggage in the trunk), we did 38 mpg on a round trip weekend to Flint in the summer with four adults and luggage, and the best was a 39.5 mpg on a weekend trip to Chicago in the winter with four adults and luggage.

I cannot complain about the gas mileage, nor the performance. True, it doen't accelerate like the V-6's, but it holds it's own even when fully loaded with people and luggage. All in all, I am pleased with the gas mileage, the performance, the reliability, the service (one recall on the battery pack), and the deal I got from Saturn.

A "Hybrid" has two power

A "Hybrid" has two power sources, engine & electric motor-powered by a High voltage battery pack. A electric/battery powered car is not a hybrid nor is a flex fuel vehicle. The vehicle in question has the B.A.S. system and qualifies as a "Mild Hybrid" and they are not as efficient as a "Medium" or a "Strong" hybrid vehicle but they are hybrids none the less.