+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid Rental in Canada?

I have been trying to find a rental car company here in Vancouver that offers hybrids, but have had no luck so far. Has anyone been able to rent a hybrid in Canada?

- Joe Wiebe

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

i was in vancouver last month and search and search no one had any... So no i have had no luck.... maybe one day but for now they dont seem to be onboard.

i work for thrifty car

i work for thrifty car rental in victoria - we have a prius and a camry hybrid my boss wants to have a 30% green fleet by summer 08 and a 75% by 09

I believe some, if not

I believe some, if not most/all Hertz locations offer a green fleet, including Toyota Prius.

Some, not all Hertz

Some, not all Hertz locations offer the Prius. Hertz considers any car with better than 30 mpg to be part of their "green" fleet so they'll often try to sneak you into something else if you reserve a Prius. OTOH, I got an HCH once from Hertz at Boston Logan without even asking.

I 'v have been there a

I 'v have been there a couple of time, and yes its very hard to find one, if you see one for sure its very expensive to rent it.

My father was in tp Budget

My father was in tp Budget in Port Alberni yesterday & they have 2 Toyota Prius that they rent out. Both were on their lot at the time but they do ask that you advance book them due to the demand. Whether or not the other Budget locations have them I'm not sure.