+ Reply to Thread

Speed of your Hybrid

I know our car is pretty peppy but anyone know how fast does this thing goes? I know it's kind of silly to care about how fast your hybrid can go but it would be nice to know. Whats the max speed it can go? the speedo says 160 but I doubt it. How fast is 0-60mph, I found very different sources. And How fast is the quarter mile? Just a thought and would be cool if some of you guys already know.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 07darkslate View Post
    I know our car is pretty peppy but anyone know how fast does this thing goes? I know it's kind of silly to care about how fast your hybrid can go but it would be nice to know. Whats the max speed it can go? the speedo says 160 but I doubt it. How fast is 0-60mph, I found very different sources. And How fast is the quarter mile? Just a thought and would be cool if some of you guys already know.
    lol, you can go to a track and test for us...but my guess is not really fast...i think the top speed of the car is 110 mph because of an electronic governor (the tires are only rated for 110)

Altima Hybrid acceleration and top speed

Quote Originally Posted by 07darkslate View Post
    Of the car magazine (Car & Driver, Road & Track, Motor Trend, Automobile) articles I have seen the performance specs have been shown as 0-60 in either 6.8 or 7.3 seconds and the top speed being electronically limited (not to drain the hybrid battery) to around 105-110 mph.

I have had my 07 now for 2 weeks and it feels very similar (actually a bit quicker) to my previous VW Passat with the 1.8 turbo. I would estimate the acceleration 0-60 to be around 7 seconds. Despite driving the car much like I drove the VW I am getting at least 10mpg better with the Altima Hybrid.

Nissan just isn't pushing this car enough in it's marketing, otherwise these would be flying out of the showrooms. I like my cars quick, responsive and agile but hate filling the wallets of the oil companies so this car fits my taste exactly. It's also a pretty sexy looking car and bears a strong Nissan and Infiniti family resemblance.