+ Reply to Thread

How about Biofuel/Electric Hybrid vehicles?

How about Bio-Electric Hybrid vehicles?
    I want to join in the "green" car revolution, though i don't yet have a hybrid or alternative feul vehicle. There are pros and still too many cons to pick from right now. I'm thinking of holding out until someone comes up with an electric/ biodeisel combo. That way all i need is veg oil and elactricty to run my car - absolutly no dependentcy on gas! Make me one of these and I'll buy it.
    If we have gas-electric technology and desel engines that can run on biofuels then why not combine these two. Am i really the only person who has thaught of this? And can anyone tell me why this wouldn't work?

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

I agree with you. I have friends who use biodeisel, and that's one of the first questions I asked. They said some of the European car makers might be working on it. It would be a nice combination.

There is very little that is "green" about biofuels if you look at emissions. However, they could be an oil saver. On the other hand, they get a much lower mpg than straight gas and, used on a large scale, the cost of most foods would probably increase so there may not be a large overall increase in savings. Per GM, diesel is a small market because people remember its past. I think you will see both Ford and GM get into the mix, but it will be on a very limited scale.