+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I love this car!

I cannot believe how sweet this car is. It looks hot,rides great,has plenty of room and gets great mpg...35mpg city so far! and thats with my wifes driving,lol.

A little history we have three teenage kids and we finally got rid of the minivan.A Kia Sedona, no problems with it but it was only getting 12-14mpg city and 19-20mpg highway and the kids are old enough now so Mom could have something a little less soccer momish. We are totally impressed with this car. We did have an 03 Honda Civic hybrid for about 6 months, we had bought it new but it was way to small and with the wifes heavy foot we were only getting 28mpg cith with it,we traded it in for the Kia. We looked at the Subaru Outback Wagon and some of the smaller Kia`s. We just by chance drove into a Nissan dealership and I say this Frost Hybrid for $24k...at first I thought it was a misprint or something. We took out both the hybrid and a black 2.5S and the we loved the Hybrid! It was a little softer than the Sport but Mass streets suck big time and we use the car for daily driving and the ride is much more controlled over bumpy streets. Anyone looking at Hybrid has to check this car out.I was a little nervous because Nissan uses Toyota`s technology but Toyota is pretty solid.I did pick up the extended warranty just for piece of mind....I always do. I would drive this car everyday...but the wife wont let me,lol

Bill

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

cool, glad you like the car. hybrid is also better than the 2.5S because of the standard traction control and stability control.

where did you buy your car? and what part of western mass are you (i'm in eastern mass)

Happy

I drove every hybrid there is BUT the NAH, I live in Az so I had to settle driving plain 2.5 ALtima 2007. I read and read and narrowed it down to the Toyota Camry Hybrid and the Nissan Altima Hybrid. Man it was tough I made comparisons sheets.
    Plus for NAH Rear View camera, MP3 disk player you get the idea the NAH had superior electronics I felt in a number of ways.

Plus for the Camry Passenger seat electric adjustment.

Then you get to the handling and drivability The NAH has the edge, The Camry has more cushion but it is definitely my Fathers car (an I am 72)

Now to the important stuff. Engine size, Patter size, Torque range of engine. highest speed for EV mode, you get it I really did the retired multi degreed engineer on this thing I though I would drive my wife crazy. You must add in we are driving the King of all cars now a VW Phaeton, can mot be improve upon. Anyway back to the selection. So I give the nod to the Altima Hybrid but I want all the goodies, Tech package the works. AND I am in Scottsdale. I can't even see it on the INTERNET aha unless i but a California zip code into the Nissan site voilą then I can "Build my own" and start searching inventories. Wow I searched over 18 dealerships to get my color and a Tech pack.

When I found it I immediately called the Internet sales manager and asked do you really have Vin# in stock and does it have etc. Yup! I said go this minute I'll hold on and put a sold sign on it. Come back to the phone and we will complete the deal. The rest was simple and history. In about a week a motor transport rolled up and we off loaded my wonderful NAH.

So Do I feel I lucked out. NO I feel I am ecstatic!

Quote Originally Posted by GripperDon View Post
    I drove every hybrid there is BUT the NAH, I live in Az so I had to settle driving plain 2.5 ALtima 2007. I read and read and narrowed it down to the Toyota Camry Hybrid and the Nissan Altima Hybrid. Man it was tough I made comparisons sheets.
    Plus for NAH Rear View camera, MP3 disk player you get the idea the NAH had superior electronics I felt in a number of ways.

Plus for the Camry Passenger seat electric adjustment.

Then you get to the handling and drivability The NAH has the edge, The Camry has more cushion but it is definitely my Fathers car (an I am 72)

Now to the important stuff. Engine size, Patter size, Torque range of engine. highest speed for EV mode, you get it I really did the retired multi degreed engineer on this thing I though I would drive my wife crazy. You must add in we are driving the King of all cars now a VW Phaeton, can mot be improve upon. Anyway back to the selection. So I give the nod to the Altima Hybrid but I want all the goodies, Tech package the works. AND I am in Scottsdale. I can't even see it on the INTERNET aha unless i but a California zip code into the Nissan site voilą then I can "Build my own" and start searching inventories. Wow I searched over 18 dealerships to get my color and a Tech pack.

When I found it I immediately called the Internet sales manager and asked do you really have Vin# in stock and does it have etc. Yup! I said go this minute I'll hold on and put a sold sign on it. Come back to the phone and we will complete the deal. The rest was simple and history. In about a week a motor transport rolled up and we off loaded my wonderful NAH.

So Do I feel I lucked out. NO I feel I am ecstatic!
    i was a bit confused for a little while there, i thought you got a 2.5. Glad you like the NAH though, i like it too, haha

Quote Originally Posted by langjie View Post
    cool, glad you like the car. hybrid is also better than the 2.5S because of the standard traction control and stability control.

where did you buy your car? and what part of western mass are you (i'm in eastern mass)
    Springfield area/Jerry Rome Nissan

Well my wife backed into a stone wall,lol There is a crease in the middle of the bumper I found a guy who specializes in just these things.The body shops want over $1000 to fix it That will of course kill my insurance points.So I gotta suck it up and pay out of pocket.

I still love the car I cant believe how much power it has and how smooth the ride is!

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Camperguy View Post
    Springfield area/Jerry Rome Nissan

Well my wife backed into a stone wall,lol There is a crease in the middle of the bumper I found a guy who specializes in just these things.The body shops want over $1000 to fix it That will of course kill my insurance points.So I gotta suck it up and pay out of pocket.

I still love the car I cant believe how much power it has and how smooth the ride is!

Bill
    that seems like an exorbitant amount of money to fix. $500 could probably replace the entire bumper instead. it should only cost maybe $200 for an unpainted bumper, and another couple of hundred to prime + paint it.

I grew up in West Springfield, but now live in Eastern Mass. Just picked up my NAH today from Clay. We love it too...

See you out on the roads. Give us a wave if we pass each other out on the roads. Mrs. Khan and I drive a Jade Green one.

Happy trails!

-Gren

Quote Originally Posted by GrendelKhan View Post
    See you out on the roads. Give us a wave if we pass each other out on the roads. Mrs. Khan and I drive a Jade Green one.
    Hey - you may be waving at me instead of Gren. I live in Shrewsbury and my NAH is Metalic Jade as well. I work in Boston and every fourth workday (carpool) I'm on the pike into Beantown. The other three days I only travel as far as Framingham.

Has anyone in the northeast considered snow tires for the winter? Yeah, I know it's only July but I guess I'm more of an ant than a grasshopper. I was looking at Tire Rack. Unless you want the Tire Pressure Indicator illuminated all winter you'll need to have the wheels for the snow tires include the pressure senders - not a low cost option. I think Tire Rack wants about $80 each so a winter tire package from them will run about $800+.

See you on the pike.

Well, it's new, so I just had to...

I took it out for a ride today. Wanted to see how it felt on winding New England roads (Westwood, Dover, and Sherborn, then down to Hopedale), and if it had power at high speeds, so I drove up 495, in on the Pike, and down 128. It's awesome on winding roads; and it has heaps of power at speed, even at 90mph. I think I did well to keep it under 100mph.

Mrs. Khan hooked up her ipod (yay AUX jack!), and we listened to some great music. "Not Too Soon" by the Throwing Muses is the best song ever. Yay Tanya Donnely!

Tho it doesn't get the best mileage at 90mph. What's up with that? Yes, I'm a child...

I love this car!

Oh no, green is the trendy color... Get me some purple spray paint, quick! No clue about snow tires. Won't be long before no-one remembers what snow is anyway...

-Gren

hey, you picked up your car at clay? which one? newton or norwood? also, who was your dealer?