+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Vibration?

Vibration?

Is anyone getting vibration at higher speeds? My Camry has almost 10K miles. When I picked the car up back in January, I took it right back to the dealership once I got on the highway, because the vibration was severe. They said it was tire pressure and it was a little better. I didn't mention it at the first 5K service, because I wonder if I'm being "overly picky"...anything over 75 mph and it's really noticeable. Not out of control or dangerous, but definitely noticeable.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

I have 7800 miles with no vibration. I would take it back to the dealer and tell them to quit jerking you around and fix the problem. I have never heard of tire pressure causing vibration. Remember--some dealers are better than others. I once had a dealer leave my oil plug loose after an oil change.

Vibration

I've definitely had vibration issues in my 2008 Camry hybrid. The passenger seat (when no one is in it) seems like it's about to work itself loose from its foundation. This all happened in the first week of ownership. The dealership tells me it's a new issue they've identified with the 2008 hybrids only. So far no fix. If your issue is anything like mine, I'd DEFINITELY fight back. This is not normal, not good and probably not safe. I'll be fighting back until they make it right. I expect better quality than this from Toyota!! Good luck to you!

I've had my 08 Camry hybrid about a week now and I haven't noticed any vibrations at all? And I drive 75+ quite frequently. I do not think that tire pressure would have anything to do with it, unless you had one tire completely flat? I mean maybe a TINY vibration, but nothing too noticeable. And I don't think you're being overly picky, it's a new car, it shouldn't be doing that AT ALL! Dealers/mechanics suck anyway, I always have problems with them cause I am a girl and they think I don't know anything.

Quote Originally Posted by swagner View Post
    I've definitely had vibration issues in my 2008 Camry hybrid. The passenger seat (when no one is in it) seems like it's about to work itself loose from its foundation. This all happened in the first week of ownership. The dealership tells me it's a new issue they've identified with the 2008 hybrids only. So far no fix. If your issue is anything like mine, I'd DEFINITELY fight back. This is not normal, not good and probably not safe. I'll be fighting back until they make it right. I expect better quality than this from Toyota!! Good luck to you!
    That is strange that the dealer said it is only a problem with the 2008 models since as far as I know they are the same as the 2007 models. That makes me think there is some problem.

I now have 23650 miles and I have been getting a vibration for the last 3000 miles--which is three weeks of driving for me. I have had my tires rebalaced three times with no change. I am going to try another tire store (same company) who has a slightly different method of balancing-as explained by the manager. I am going to have them take the tire of the rim and inspect the tire inside and out, since it is a Bridestone tire which is part of Firestone. We all know Firestone's history. Firestone is and has been a horrible tire company. I can remember as a kid my dad's Firestone tires coming apart and losing its tread. I hope the tires are fine and they are just out of balance. I will post my findings.

I also have a 2008 with only 1800 miles all city..... till yesterday..

I took my TCH out on the highway and locked the cruise in at 65, 70, 75, and 80 mph intervals and (thank God) no vibration.

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by neptune View Post
    - I am going to have them take the tire of the rim and inspect the tire inside and out, since it is a Bridestone tire which is part of Firestone. .
    My 2008 TCH has Michelins on it standard ... I have no vibration so far.

Scott

Well it was just out of balance. The guy at the first tire company was using improper weights that were coming off the tire. Everything is smooth now. I will be buying Michelins or Goodyear when I need new tires. I have always had good luck with both of these tire companies.

Just don't go to Express

Just don't go to Express Tires - I have been to multiple locations and all had problems. One location actually forgot about my car and closed without working on it after they had it for 4 hours. The other one misaligned my wheels so badly that I had to turn the steering wheel 10 degrees to keep it straight. I went to Firestone and they fixed the alignment problem right away. I still get bad vibration, though on my 2007 Prius. I've tried Michelin Hydroedge and Bridgestone Insignia tires - all have problems.

Check spark plugs or plug

Check spark plugs or plug wires. I use 2003 Toyota Camry 'XLE' and experienced such fault before and was solved by replacement of plugs.