+ Reply to Thread

i want to lock prius with vehicle running..

I sometime want to lock prius with vichicle running, Like i have my dog with me and i want to run into the store.... how can i lock so my dog stays cool and secure.. I tryed but the door kept opening..

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Locking the prius while its running.

I've actually wanted to do the same thing and I seem to have figured it out. I know of only one way to lock all your doors and keep the car running: use the actualy key. If you have the smartkey like I do, the problem is that the Prius freezes all the locks in the car at the position they were in when you exit. So here's what you do:

1) Before getting out of the car, make sure all 4 doors are in the locked position.
    2) You'll have to get out through the drivers side door, which automatically unlocks the door when you pull the inside handle.
    3) Now remove the key from your smartkey and lock your door manually with the key.

Be careful, though. Remember, the Prius freezes all locks until your inside the car again. Therefore, you can't use your smartkey to unlock it from the outside. You'll have to use the key and manually unlock it.

I don't know of any other means, but if anyone has suggestions, I'd like to hear them too.

thanks for the tip

Hay thanks for the tip Toeshar, I will try it tomorrow.. my pup and i thank you... and I will let you know how it works out..

thank you.. good info

thanks towshar..

just checked it out in driveway .. seem to work well, now on my way to store with pup..

You're welcome Sunney. Glad I could help you and pup!!

no tag in front :(

just wanted to say thanks again.. makes me feel so much better that I do have a way to leave shadow in vehicle. also, sence you know a lot maybe you might know how come there's no place to put a tag in the front this may seem pety but i bought this nice cool tag a year before i knew that i was going to get a car this color and the tag and car match perfectly...and is there a cd or dvd that will tell how to work all the new up dated in this nice car... thanks, sunney

Tag in front

My prius came with pre-drilled holes for a plateholder in the front. I know that I can just ask my Prius dealer for a frame to mount a front license-plate. I'm guessing it's not free, except for those in a state where front plates are required. I would first check with your dealership and see what they have.

We are looking at the Prius

We are looking at the Prius and are wondering if you can lock the doors while you are in it, so that other can't enter. As a female driver this is a realy urban issue.

Yes you can lock the car

Yes you can lock the car while you are in it.

Savoy: How can you lock the

Savoy: How can you lock the car while still in it, please?