+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MPG Question

MPG Question

I am looking at purchasing a Escape Hybrid, but I have a few questions that I haven't seemed be able to find an anwser to.

Information:
    I drive about 450 miles per week. 80% highway 75 MPH, and 20% 30-45 MPH. I only encounter about about 15 or fewer stop lights or signs per day.

Questions:
    1) What kind of MPG could I expect to get under these conditions?
    2) Is there much difference in MPG for the older model years compared to an '08?

Thanks in advance for your comments.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by supersonicf111 View Post
    I am looking at purchasing a Escape Hybrid, but I have a few questions that I haven't seemed be able to find an anwser to.

Information:
    I drive about 450 miles per week. 80% highway 75 MPH, and 20% 30-45 MPH. I only encounter about about 15 or fewer stop lights or signs per day.

Questions:
    1) What kind of MPG could I expect to get under these conditions?
    2) Is there much difference in MPG for the older model years compared to an '08?

Thanks in advance for your comments.
    At 75mph, the FWD will get you around 28-30mpg. The AWD will get you around 26-28mpg. If you draft big rigs with a one second distance, your mileage could improve to 38-45mpg.

The '08 is getting better mileage due to programming changes, but all years use the same drivetrain.

GaryG

Mileage

Also, it was mentioned somewhere in one of these forums i believe that driving over 55 reduces your MPG as well. The closer you stay to 55 the better (except for drafting of course).