So I’m ready to pluck down +$30K for the 2007 Toyota Highlander. I understand the 2008 models will be out soon but I’m quite happy with the 2007 that I test drove and I’m indifferent to the extra room and horsepower in the 2008 model. Although it would be nice to have the smart key technology and the powered fold-back rear view mirrors included but oh well…

My questions are related to the true scarcity of the 2007 model at this time (May 2007). The dealer I went to only knocked $100 off the MSRP and that was only because of the Costco auto buying program that I asked about. Are the Hh’s still selling at MSRP (or above?) They had two on the lot today that I would consider first choice and two other ones that I would consider buying if I couldn’t get either of the first two. (I’m looking for the Base model—the UNLimited version—with a couple of other options thrown in.) Does anyone have a recent purchase experience you can share?

Thanks a bunch!

Manda

PS: I do know about the $1500 cash back OR 1.9% financing for 36 mos, 2.9% for 48 mos and 3.9% for 60 mos incentives.