+ Reply to Thread

Lowering a Mariner Hybrid

I'm thinking about getting a Mariner hybrid, however it won't quite fit in my garage. I'm wondering if it's possible to lower a mariner, if so are there are any 'side effects' that I should know about? Has anyone done this to their Mariner? How much will it cost me?
    thanks for any/all advice.

-n

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Have you considered a lower profile tire

I hadn't thought about lower profile tires, I guess that's a possibility too, depending on how much lower the tires can go.
    thanks for the suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by supercub View Post
    Have you considered a lower profile tire
    Changing the tire size may require a program change in the PCM. The computers check engine speed, output shaft rotation and tire size with each other to compute speed and other data. Changing to a smaller tire to lower the FEH/MMH could cause an error code and warning on the dash if the size has not been adjusted in the PCM. The dealership hybrid techs should be able to advise you of any needed reprogramming. I'd talk to them first before spending any money on rims or tires.

GaryG

shorter springs?

How much lower do you need the vehicle? Another possible option is to install shorter springs that will lower the vehicle 1.2 to 1.6 inches. Somewhat improved handling can occur with a lower center of gravity.