+ Reply to Thread

Want to buy hybrid minivan

Buying minivan and would like to know if there are any hybrid minivans available in the US and if not then if there are any plans for there to be.:confused:

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Right now there are none on the market. They might have it domestically in Japan but for sure there are none in north america that I know of. Possibly, it is planned to have one release in the future. I would think they would do that since they have a Highlander that is a hybrid and Escape. If they can put that system in a SUV, they sure as hell can put it in a minivan.

Can you wait for a Toyota Sienna

Hello GreenPen,

I read recently that Toyota is selling a hybrid Sienna in Japan and plans to bring it here in 08. That's the only hybrid minivan I know of for now. Your Toyota dealer could probably offer more info.

Take care,
    Steve

Yea and it might be a looker!!!

The minivan you mentioned might be a very handsome machine:

http://www.hybridcars.com/suvs-miniv...na-hybrid.html

http://www.treehugger.com/files/2006...id_minivan.php

Apparently it's been in production for years now in Japan and they are releasing a 2nd generation model this year.

If your in a hurry, check out the new 2008 Ford Escape Hybrid and maybe hold of on the third kid for a while...

I wonder if there are any

I wonder if there are any hybrid vans on the market right now, I don't think I've seen any yet but I live in some remote area so I wouldn't be surprised if they are any. Right now I own an old car which I've got from car donations a couple of years ago and it still runs very good so I don't have any intention to buy a new car anytime soon, but my cousin is looking for something similar and I am sure he would like to now more details regarding the hybrid van availability.

I was wondering the same

I was wondering the same thing about rvs.I am waiting for the new ford diesel engine. The 2009 F150 is supposed to be available with a 4.4 liter high tech engine derived from a smaller diesel that is presently available on Range Rovers and in the Range Rover the smaller engine gets 31 mpg. I want to see a Class B Motorhome for sale with that engine getting mid 20's with good horses and torc.