+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bluetooth

Bluetooth

Is anyone else experiencing trouble with bluetooth and Camry 007?
    I use a Blackberry 7100R and when using Camry bluetooth have many reports that person on other end cannot hear me well. They complain that my audio is choppy and cuts out. It seems to related to location. I have tried tests with another bluetooth headset or just go to handset and probem goes away. I have brought the question up with my local delaer and am not quite sure what their response is. They seem to indicate that it might be a known problem. Are there any other experiences out there? When I have the problem ther also is a longer than usual delay in the audio.

Other than that I just love the car we have about 6000 kM so far. Next trick is to install some Amateur radio equipment in it.

73 de Dave

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Are you talking about the "bluetooth" that goes in the ear or are you talking about linking the phone through the car's handsfree system? (which may also be referred to as bluetooth, I just don't recall)....

Anyway, my bluetooth (for my ear) works wonderfully in my car. I prefer it over the handsfree. The handsfree makes me feel like I have to shout into it for the other person to hear me. I am not sure where the microphone is in the car but I think it's somewhere near the dash/steering area, but don't quote me on that. I just have better results with others hearing me when I lean in toward the dash, which I find to be distracting (not as much as holding the phone though).

I haven't had too complaints of cutting out though, but more than if I am using the phone or earpiece.

I do have trouble linking it sometimes...as well as my phone automatically linking when I do not WANT it to...do you have that problem too?

Have a wonderful day!

I am in fact talking about the handsfree in the car.

I do not have any problems with linking or unexpected disconnects of the handsfree. It works really great with my Blackberry. I wish the audio would work better.
    Thank you for you information

Dave

Hands free

I've had my Camry for about 2 weeks now. Took me a while to find the microphone (it's near the sunglasses holder and garage door openers). Every 1 out of 10 times, the person on the other end doesn't hear me, and I have to call back. Otherwise, it works OK.

I had the same experience

When I used handsfree, the other end can't hear me. At that time, my wife sat beside me and calling someone with her cell phone. That might be the cause.

I drive 212 miles/4 hours a day 5 days a week, so I get a lot of use out of my bluetooth. I love the bluetooth option. I have never had a problem with it. It should be an option on every car and truck sold. I will never buy another new vehicle without bluetooth.

Delay...

I have the 440w JBL with Bluetooth. After the first week having my new Carmy (back in April) , I switched back to using my cell without the Bluetooth. Unforunately, I found that there was a delay in all the conversations I had using the handsfree. I would say something and it would take about 2 seconds to go through before the other person on the other end of the phone would respond which would take about a second to get to me. Very frustrating. I really never inquired to my dealer about the problem, but found this forum so I thought I'd write in.

PS Can anyone desipher my login??

The cell I am using an LG 8300. It's no Blackberry and I'm wondering if that's where my connectivity problem is coming from.

Need some advise!! I hate to think I paid an addition $1,000 for this system just to have the bluetooth integrated, only to use my new technology for a week before hanging it up...

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by 97993911ts View Post
    I have the 440w JBL with Bluetooth. After the first week having my new Carmy (back in April) , I switched back to using my cell without the Bluetooth. Unforunately, I found that there was a delay in all the conversations I had using the handsfree. I would say something and it would take about 2 seconds to go through before the other person on the other end of the phone would respond which would take about a second to get to me. Very frustrating. I really never inquired to my dealer about the problem, but found this forum so I thought I'd write in.

PS Can anyone desipher my login??

The cell I am using an LG 8300. It's no Blackberry and I'm wondering if that's where my connectivity problem is coming from.

Need some advise!! I hate to think I paid an addition $1,000 for this system just to have the bluetooth integrated, only to use my new technology for a week before hanging it up...

Jason
    I am using a Motorola Razor with no problems. Neither I nor the people I speak with ever noticed any delays.

I haven't noticed the

I haven't noticed the problems you listed. I haven't gotten that far. I'm having trouble Pairing my phone with the Handsfree.

I have a LG VX8600 through Verizon. And I'm trying to pair it to my 09 Camry with no luck so far. I took it to the Dealer with no luck (my salesman was able to pair his Blackberry). I called Verizon tech support, they couldn't Wouldn't help (not one of their products). Toyota.letstalk.com also was no help.

The funny thing is, that the both Letstalk and the Verizon sites say that this phone is supposed to be compatible.

I just got my 09 Camry 3

I just got my 09 Camry 3 weeks ago and also have an LG VX8600 through Verizion. It got to the point the only way I could pair my phone with the car was to remove the battery of the phone which pretty much reset the phone and then it would work for a while, then it would lose the pairing and I would have to do it all over again. Anyway when I took it to Verizion the tech told me alot of people were having trouble with the bluetooth in their cars working with their phones. It turns out my phone was defective because it would not communicate with my other hands free ear pieces. I'll let you know if the new phone works or not.