+ Reply to Thread

2003 Civic Hybrid FOR SALE $9,499

I didn't see a classified section on these forums so I'll post it here.

Put it on Ebay at: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...9916&rd=1&rd=1

Let me know what you think about the listing.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Honest feedback?

You way overdid it in the advertising, makes you look desperate. Not meant as an attack, just friendly feedback.

Let me guess after reading 3 pages and 60 photos... with a 100k on your car, living in Maryland with freezing winter temps, your IMA battery is shot and you are out of warranty.

If that's the truth state it, we all suspect it anyhow. It will be reflected in the purchase price in your vehicle and maybe saving you some hassle in negotiations and/or lookie loos.

By the way, I would not sell my car on EBay. There are better local options and having lived in the DC area, I know there are too.

I've heard of people getting batteries from wrecking yards. Any idea what the going rate is for them? New versus used and who is reconditioning them?

In many places the warranty is 8/80,000 I believe. Can anyone list that states that are 10/150,000? I know California is.

I`am impressed with the detail and pics your ad has.
    If I was looking for a car, this one would be at the top of my list.
    Very well done. Good luck. With that amount of detail, I`m sure it will sell fast.

Did you notice his auction EXPIRED?

His previous attempt to sell at the price he wanted was not met.

He lowered his reserve and tried again.

Sometimes there's more to the story than what you see at first glance. A old pony, no matter how well dressed up, is still an old pony, no matter how much we love it.

Keeping it simple is easier for everyone. (IMHO)

Let me guess after reading 3 pages and 60 photos... with a 100k on your car, living in Maryland with freezing winter temps, your IMA battery is shot and you are out of warranty.
    I'm not sure where you get the idea that the IMA battery would be shot with 100K on the car. With those miles being mostly highway with none of battery draining starts of city driving, I'm sure the battery is as good as a city owned car with 50,000 miles. There are many 2000 Insights with nearly 200K that still have the original battery.

By the way, I would not sell my car on EBay. There are better local options and having lived in the DC area, I know there are too.
    For me Ebay is the best place to sell a car with buyers from all over the country. If I put an ad in the local paper I'm lucky if I get any calls, and those that do have nothing better to do on a Sunday afternoon than go joy riding in your car at best, or jack you up at worse. On Ebay if someone a thousand miles away is bidding on your car, you know he is interested, plus with their feedback you can get a sense of who they are.

Thats just the nature of selling, whether its cars, houses or horses, if it doesn't sell at the first price, lower it and try again.

Think again... if you WANT

I lived in Washington DC. When I sold my car which was in high demand like yours - the minute the ad hit the street I was getting 40 calls a day.

So if your battery is as good as you say, do yourself a favor, put an ad in the paper and include the online advertising feature.

Think about it, if you could get a car locally you would. Why add on MORE money to the COST of the vehicle to ship it???????????!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid since 10/02 View Post

Sometimes there's more to the story than what you see at first glance. A old pony, no matter how well dressed up, is still an old pony, no matter how much we love it.

Keeping it simple is easier for everyone. (IMHO)
    You know. If your not interested in buying his car. Why are you posting your opinion of his ad.
    Let the man sell his car.
    I`m sure you know it all, but your not helping him.
    Maybe you should get a life or a hobby. You know nothing about his car, but yet you insist on spewing erroneous info about it.
    Your not very helpful.

If he has to lower his price below 10k and can't sell it at that price then

A) it is not in good condition (my assumption)
    or
    B) he is selling it in the wrong place.

If you RECALL the top of his ad, he asked for feedback. In the spirit of this forum I offered honest feedback, which I hope helped him or I wouldn't have bothered.

I do no care to offer opinions that are not solicited such are your flame below.

Quote Originally Posted by DrDiesel1 View Post
    You know. If your not interested in buying his car. Why are you posting your opinion of his ad.
    Let the man sell his car.
    I`m sure you know it all, but your not helping him.
    Maybe you should get a life or a hobby. You know nothing about his car, but yet you insist on spewing erroneous info about it.
    Your not very helpful.

Facts are facts. No one would ask for negative statements of their car for sale.
    Your stating his battery is no good. Your clueless and making unsolicited statements of fact without any knowledge of it.
    You have no idea. That`s not what he ask for related to feedback
    If you think my replay was a flame...Your also mistaken.
    You need to lay off his ad, car, price, and method of posting.
    Positive feed back is always welcome.
    Not your stupid negative opinion.

there's two types of

there's two types of batteries, one starts with an "s" .