+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    i don't think it works that way though. if it was sold in all 50 states, then maybe you would have sales at about 3000, but the 8 states now have a higher tendency to buy hybrid cars

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

I believe you're correct.

I would imagine that more Hybrids are sold in California than anywhere else although I would think Nissan is missing out on some big states like FL and TX where Toyota probably does pretty well with hybrids. I'd be interested to know what percentage of NAH and TCH are sold in just CA.

The eight states Nissan sells the hybrid in are based on those states adopting the CA emission standard - not sure if that would mean that more people would buy hybrids for that reason in those states.

Edit - i meant to add the thought that I don't think those eight states were picked by the marketing people at Nissan but rather it was done to meet the requirements for the CA emission standard for those states. I'm sure the marketing people would have picked a different eight states if they wanted to maximize sales - CA would definetly be on the list either way.

i agree that the 8 states are CA emission states, but in general, those are the largest markets. (4 of those states are in the top 10)

http://www.hybridcars.com/market-das...-regional.html

The article in USA Today this weekend said that the eight states Nissan sells the NAH in makes up 25% of the US population. If you were use that number then total US sales so far would be about 11,100 if they sold them in all 50 states.

One figure I never see is how many NAH's have been sold in Canada - I believe they sell them there as well.

AVIS to rent NAH in CA

http://www.autobloggreen.com/2007/07...-rental-fleet/

This should increase the monthly sales figure.

July 2007

Nissan Hybrid Car Sales

Nissan sold 1,131 hybrid Altimas in the month of July. That's 4.0% of the full hybrid market and the first time Nissan broke through the 1,000 mark with their limited sales of the Nissan Altima Hybrid. Nissan sells its only hybrid in just the eight states with California emissions laws.

http://hybridreview.blogspot.com/200...july-2007.html

Nissan is so dumb to not allow sales for 48-50 states

756 in september

October

NAH sales of 927 in October.

1191 for November