+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sales Prediction Contest

OK, Lets have some fun with this.

Anybody want to guess the total number of Nissan Altima Hybrids sold in the month of March?

My guess is 2230!!!

Note: There were 206 units sold in February (first month).

Also: The dealership where I purchased my car in California had already sold about 10 of them (Late Feb-Early March).

I really think this car is going to do very well.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

875. I'm guessing Altima sales of 25,000 in March with 3.5% of them being hybrids.

Winner gets Collin's Altima!

Hey! Not fair.

Well I guess I had better choose wisely. Oh yea! I already did.

875? That's all. No way. At least double that!

876....i'm that annoying person on price is right that bids 1 dollar higher

haha, no, my guess is 500...because of low availability of the hybrids most people want (non base model ones)

gas will start to get more expensive...

and when it does, the hybrids will start looking better again...

I'll say 700 for March. Doesn't seem like they've figured out their supply/delivery chain yet. When they do, they'll be able to deliver more. Also, gas prices will start to go up again soon, so monthly sales will pick up this summer.

Also, they offered voluntary separation packages to Smyrna, so that tells me that they're looking to scale back shift work.

I'd be gleeful if it were higher. Would love to see Nissan get a good story out of this, but it really doesn't look like they're trying very hard to do that.

sorry collin... langjie was close!

Nissan saw its sales of the Altima Hybrid, offered in only eight states, increase to 462 units in the carís second month on the market.

http://www.greencarcongress.com/2007..._sal.html#more

It's still almost double February, so maybe March will be up to the 700-800 range?

I just watched Who Killed the Electric Car, so this sounds kinda eerie. The only reason Nissan poo-poohs the Altima Hybrid is becuase they aren't making money on them and may never do so. I bet this summer/fall when the Altima coupe is selling they won't be talking trash about it and will probably sell more of them than the hybrid. Oh well.

+1 for april, after all my waiting, i finally got my car this morning. there was another guy at the dealership that was interested in a hybrid too. for april...my guess will be 555

about time langjie grats!

"i placed an order for a dark slate hybrid w/ tech package today. i live in mass, i got a $1500 discount for a car I'm ordering. ... my car will be here in a month, woohoo" -- 02-20-2007, 07:16 AM

so i guess they are a little slow in rolling out the cars, but at least it was less than 8 weeks. i ordered mine on march 5th so if i'm lucky mine will come around april 16th? sweet.

ok let me pick a number to stay on topic. i gave a range, but i'll pick the low end at 725 for april. come on nissan don't disappoint.

yeah, we're not even going to go in about the delays, i'm just really happy to have my car. i still think that the sales numbers will be a bit low due to lack of tech packaged cars

483 in April

Nissan sold 483 units of the Altima hybrid, for 3.0% of total Altima sales. Sales of the hybrid are limited to 8 states.

http://www.greencarcongress.com/2007..._sal.html#more

i guess april was just between me and juxtapos99 and I claim victory for the second straight month

if anyone still comes on to this thread, my guess for may will be 500