+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Devastated

Devastated

Hi all,

i am a new user. Please allow me to vent my sorrow.

Tomorrow will be the one-month anniversary of my purchasing my beloved Hybrid. i graduated from uni last year, got a good job; this car was the first car i had bought which was my "own". This week was the first week of the actual first monthly payment on the car. i was/am so proud of this baby. i hand-wash it. i took/take great care of it.

You all know where this is going. Yesterday, someone did a hit-and-run on my Hybrid. i am left feeling so devastated, i could cry. And yet, i know that i still have so much to be grateful for. No one in the car was hurt, thank God for that. i had other family members in the car, and thank God everyone was okay physically. The material damage is not extensive. i am grateful for many other reasons. It still hurts though. It hurts quite a lot actually.

It hurts that someone, whom i never intentially wronged in my life, has power over me such that he can do something like that to me and think he can get away with it. [We got the licence plate and you can bet i am testifying in court]. i can't get over the fact that tomorrow will be the one month anniversary of the handing over of the keys.... and instead of being able to celebrate that, i am running around with my insurance broker.

Fellow-forum-readers, value your new undamaged Hybrids.... and watch out for stupid moronic drivers who aren't man enough to acknowledge responsibility for their actions.

Thank you for letting me vent. i hope this has helped me :~/

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Ouch!!!!

Nadia,

Once they pull this Low Life into court ......... Request from the Judge, that they attach the guy's "nuts" to the HSD in your Camry and you get to turn it on and off a number of times........... AND THEN they can castrate Him!!!!

You go ahead and Vent

I feel your pain! I bought my car on the eve of Thanksgiving and when I took it out for the first time it got hit! Someone had hit the rear quarter panel! (while my mom and i were in the stores shopping!) It's not noticable unless you are LOOKING for it. Just a multitude of scratches in an oval shape! I know the crushing feeling you're talking about, thankfully for me it didn't do any real damage.

You know what they say....it's not new until someone crashes into it! DING!

Hugs,
    Crybrid

I was rear-ended at a traffic light when my car was about five weeks old. When I got out to look at it, I told the woman who hit me that it was brand new and I just put on my permanent plates. Damage was minor. You could see in my bumper where the screws were for her license plate and a few minor scratches. I ensured that it was repaired like new.

After owning my 08 hybrid

After owning my 08 hybrid for about one month, I was on the interstate in the middle lane of a three lane highway and noticed a call was pulled over to the side. I was next to a semi, so figured I'd move to the fast lane so the semi could get over to the middle and not blow the pulled over car off the interstate.

Well, turns out that pulled over car had just hit a deer and when I moved into the fast lane....there was the deer just sitting there in the middle of the lane, with his neck straight up and eyes staring at mine. I had 3 seconds to react so I held onto tight to the steering wheel and screamed like a little girl. I ran over the deer.

I meesed the front underbody and I'm not sure if they repaired or replaced the hood. $5000 worth.

My first brand new car and now it will never be the same, so I feel your pain.