+ Reply to Thread

New Member, New 2008 2WD Escape - California

Just bought my 2008 Escape on Thursday. The dealers here in Southern California have a few each, and are getting more.

They're offering incentives (3000, low apr loans) on the 2007s but I wanted to drive (and ended up buying) a 2008 after reading auto journalist Dan Neil's review of the 2008 a couple of months ago in the LA Times.

Had a good dealership experience, and so far the car is great. Base model, without the fancy hybrid/nav package. I did get roof cross bars (why Ford gives you the ourboard rails standard but makes the cross bars an option, I don't get) and a cargo liner. Oh and a Lojack, because my insurance basically paid for it.

I'll keep the board posted. Pun intended.

M

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

I'm glad to see some one own a 08 FEH. I have a question for u. So far how is the gas mileage, and how is the air conditioner? Because I heard some of complains form other people who own an old model FEH that the air conditioner was not working under a low speed drive, they have to switch to max in order to get some cold air, however when it turns to max the gasoline engine will turn on and that will kill the gas mileage. So I’m wondering if this issue has been improved

Well, it's been relatively cold here in Southern CA so I don't really have a good answer for you, yet.

According to the owner's manual if I always keep the 'economy' button next to the AC/recirc buttons in 'on' position, it will prevent the ICE from coming on during the short times when the car is in EV mode (which shuts off the AC compressor but the fans still run) and the AC will resume automatically when you start moving (in Non EV mode, of course).

I'll keep you posted when it warms up here.

California 2008 Escape

Out of curiosity have you found any problems with the fuel economy when you are running the air on full blast yet?