+ Reply to Thread

aura hybrid is good deal?

28 mpg is not bad for a 4 cyl family sedan. the 4 cyl camry or accords are 21mpg in city driving (new epa numbers). That means the aura is a 33% increase in fuel economy over its popular rivals.
    price 22,600-1300 tax credit=$21,300 not expensive for a nice family car.

it is not going to change the world, but it is definitely a good step forward.
    if every vehicle class improved 25-33% it would go a long way to solving our energy problems.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

I am still trying to decide. Its a domestic car that is a hybrid but at the same time, it can't compete with the Prius on its performance. If they can get it to sip less I might get one. I love the styling with saturns but, only if it was "greener." We have the scientists and R&D to keep up with the japanese auto makers but why doesn't detroit try to keep up?

Detroit Keep Up???

Psion 128, If your "Detroit keep up" question was a serious question, I would recommend going to your local video store and watch "Who killed the electric car?". I do not agree with all aspects of the film, but it does make very clear that GM can throw out the baby and try to market the bathwater.

Quote Originally Posted by psion128 View Post
    I am still trying to decide. Its a domestic car that is a hybrid but at the same time, it can't compete with the Prius on its performance. If they can get it to sip less I might get one. I love the styling with saturns but, only if it was "greener." We have the scientists and R&D to keep up with the japanese auto makers but why doesn't detroit try to keep up?
    Why can't it compete on its performance? Prius that is.. Do you have some stats??

where do I have this whole

where do I have this whole thing wrong?
    since when is 21 mpg considered a saving, or even hybrid?

I drive a non-hybrid sedan, 4 door. it is a Corolla.
    I know it's not as large as a Camry, but still.

I can get 38 mpg, and sometimes over 40 if I drive proactively.

It is a stick shift.