+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

My Mom drives a hybrid Camry

My Mom drives a hybrid Camry and my family drives a Prius. We consider the Camry the "grownup's car" and the Prius is the "fun" car. (We have a young child, and she loves the Prius. It's a hatchback, so we can easily stow whatever we need.) Sometimes it's nice having a hatchback, because you can keep an eye on the kids in the car while stowing the groceries in the back.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Please get the Prius checked

Please get the Prius checked out for the electro-magnetic field before considering it especially for your children. I bought a new Prius (2006) and have been sick since. My grandkids will not ride in my car which I bought because it was reported to be safe.
    As a new car the chemical odor gave us headaches. A year later the odor lessened but one of my kids will not ride in it as she still get headaches after 10 minutes in car. Finally, after being sick for 2 years and not getting any conclusive diagnosis I had it checked out for the EMF's and it is over the top. I will not longer use it and have used another car instead. Guess, what? I am already beginning to be able to breath better and feel better. Is it in my head? Who cares the EMF's are good enought for me to get rid of it and start anew. Not sure how I will go about it but it will be soon.
    Susie
    Don't put anyone in a Prius

EMF is a lie perpetrated by

EMF is a lie perpetrated by the oil companies to smear Prius and keep us dependant on oil.

1. EMF represents WASTED energy in an electrical system. So an energy efficent vehicle like Prius avoids generating stray EMF fields in order to conserve energy.

2. The ONLY AC electrical components of the Prius are under the front hood. The battery pack and wiring are all DC, which by nature generates very small EMF, even when unshielded. The AC components of the Prius are FAR better shielded against stray EMF fields than the Alternator and Ignition system of your run-of-the-mill SUV.

3. There IS a very POWERFUL source of EMF in every single car built. It is your SPEAKERS. Take any magnetic compass and bring it within a foot of the speakers when they are running. The EMF you get from any under-the-hood components is nothing compared to what your sound-system speakers generate. And don't get me started on cell phones...

4. Why listen to me? Because I'm an electronics engineer, I deal with EMF on a daily basis, I own a Prius because it is a SAFE car, and I am not being paid by anyone, anywhere to lie to you.

I love how someone can

I love how someone can change only one thing in their live, get sick, and draw the conclusion that it must have been that one thing that made them sick and not all the things they did in their life up to that point. Like the guy who smokes for 40 years. Finally quits. Two months later, he finds out he has cancer and draws the conclusion that quitting smoking gave him cancer not the prior 40 years of smoking.

By the way, if you are really worried about EMFs, try not to think about the cell phone you keep in your pocket right next to your gonad. Going hands-free doesn’t solve that problem. Also try not to think about the computer screen you sat at while you typed your post sitting right next to your hands and head.

I’d also like to know what, “Over the top” means. Its not a standard unit.

I will say, however, my wife had issues with the new-car smell in our Prius for the three months. For some reason she has a sensitivity to it. But all new cars have that smell. It even has a name, “new car smell”. For the most part its residual VOCs coming off of the new plastics in the interior. It takes a couple of months, but they gradually dissipate.

I’m an environmental engineer, by the way. The stuff I’m exposed to while doing my job concern me far more than EMFs in my Prius.

Another crazy was

Another crazy was released.... so Let me guess, do you cover your mouth with cotton when a city bus passes? Or do you go to the hosptial for a clean air treatment? Persons which make such stupid claims are purely STUPID.

Another crazy was

Another crazy was released.... so Let me guess, do you cover your mouth with cotton when a city bus passes? Or do you go to the hosptial for a clean air treatment? Persons which make such stupid claims are purely STUPID.

Thank you very much a good

Thank you very much a good deal just for this! My husband and I never have been recently changed to this specific blog site for years! You have the idea what this means over blogging. Correctly, you have all the people who have something to convey that men and women should pick it up. Carry out the Great actually work. People continue to strike!
    ef="http://www.antianxietymedicationstreatment.com/">anti anxiety medication</a>

My husband has a 2002 Prius

My husband has a 2002 Prius with almost 200,000 miles on it. He abuses the car-he doesn't get it regularly lubed or serviced and never washes or cleans it. He drives it everyday to work and errands in town. Never had a problem with the car or battery. Most reliable car we have ever had !!