+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Altima ripp off

hhmd99
    Great deal that you got. I paid $23415 (Plus fees) which included the convenience pkg F01, floor mats L92 and kickplates P93 (also got the splash guards as they are standard on the hybrid), plus 3750 mile service for free and full tank of gas (most likely everyone gets this). I also noticed that mag wheel locks were included and wonder if this was standard or something the dealer included at no charge.
    My mileage has been between 29 and 36 mpg. The best mileage was on a trip to Arizona. Coming back to San Diego, we were in 115 deg. temp and traveling between 80 -83 mph. Mileage with that tank was 33.6 mpg. The car ran nice the whole time. When we were climbing long grades up to Northern Arizona we had ample passing power. My son was following in his 2005 4 cyl. altima and could not stay with us on the climbs. When a car would speed past, our hybrid had no problem staying with them with power to spare. We also have a 1998 maxima (our second one) and this car easily out performs it (200 hp vs. 190 hp).
    I hope this lasts and the mileage needs to improve around town.
    Have fun with you new hybrid.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Great customer

Quote Originally Posted by Collin Burnell View Post
    I went to Anthony Mendoza at Empire Nissan in Ontario. Nice simple deal. $1000 off of list. Boom. Done! Completely painless!
    Wish all customers were that easy ... grand off , let the dealer make a little , everyone is happy ... people will pay sticker or close to it for a Camry, which has more markup , but will grind Nissan dealers , playing one against the other for $50 less even if he is already under invoice and strecthingg to make a deal ... is $500 really too much to pay for a car ... Collin , you come see me next time - you sound like a great customer ...

Most dealers are happy to show you the invoice for a car , and they all pay the same ... your local dealer is usually the best place to go - he hopes to get service for your car , too ... is it really asking too much to "let" a dealer make a little ... what is astounding is people will pay retail for jewelry that is marked up 500% or more , or for clothing that is marked up 400% or more , but balk at paying a car dealer a 2-3% profit ... believe it or not , people give more profit on a pair of shoe at Nordstrom's ... somehow that just doesn't sound right < chuckles here > ...

Quote Originally Posted by Tarnmaster View Post
    Wish all customers were that easy ... grand off , let the dealer make a little , everyone is happy ... people will pay sticker or close to it for a Camry, which has more markup , but will grind Nissan dealers , playing one against the other for $50 less even if he is already under invoice and strecthingg to make a deal ... is $500 really too much to pay for a car ... Collin , you come see me next time - you sound like a great customer ...

Most dealers are happy to show you the invoice for a car , and they all pay the same ... your local dealer is usually the best place to go - he hopes to get service for your car , too ... is it really asking too much to "let" a dealer make a little ... what is astounding is people will pay retail for jewelry that is marked up 500% or more , or for clothing that is marked up 400% or more , but balk at paying a car dealer a 2-3% profit ... believe it or not , people give more profit on a pair of shoe at Nordstrom's ... somehow that just doesn't sound right < chuckles here > ...
    it's a business, i understand. i just try to get either carsdirect.com's price or if that isn't good, just a certain amount off. i got $1500 off for my NAH with tech package. dealer made $1000 + holdback. i think this was fair for the both of us

what about shirts? even at old navy the markup is like 1000%

Got my first foreign and hybrid car the same day. Picked mine up in Petaluma, CA. Got my Precision Gray Frost w/ conv. package and kick plates for $22,750. I'm loving it so far, but then again I've only got 250 miles on it, oh yeah and over 1/2 a tank left. I'm loving the MPG.

I got mine for $23,707 OTD from Team Nissan Oxnard. No convenience package.

$22,500

Have offered $22,500 for a NAH with convenience package, aluminum kick plates and floor mats. Sounds like this is about the best anyone has gotten. Should I try for lower with the $1500 factory rebate now?

Quote Originally Posted by sbdrivingdotcom View Post
    Have offered $22,500 for a NAH with convenience package, aluminum kick plates and floor mats. Sounds like this is about the best anyone has gotten. Should I try for lower with the $1500 factory rebate now?
    what can you get at carsdirect.com?

Cars Direct Quote

The carsdirect quote was about 24,500.

Quote Originally Posted by sbdrivingdotcom View Post
    The carsdirect quote was about 24,500.
    i see that the invoice price for what you said was 25,392. subtract 1500 for the rebate and you are at 23,892.

22500 for that is awesome, i'd jump on it (you can haggle more, but for 2 hours of haggling, i don't think you will be getting more than a couple hundred dollars off)

I bought my NAH from a

I bought my NAH from a broker in Hayward, CA and saved about $2K. This car is loaded with every feature, and I am really enjoying driving. I actually like it more than my BMW! The car does have guts to go faster when needed, and has been in the high 30s mileage wise.

I find that I adjust my driving to get the maximum mileage. For example, I will try to hold a constant speed on highway (love to see the orange bar in the 60 mph range!). I also keep constant at the lower speeds through the business park and allow the car to roll to a stop vs. flying and then braking.

What I get a kick out of is how the car is turning heads. No one can believe that this gorgeous, luxurious car is a hybrid. Nissan has found the right formula!