+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Altima ripp off

I don't actually think this

I don't actually think this is a rip-off, since I think I got a pretty good deal ($21k OTD for the basic car, including the extended warranty and coating for the fabric since I have kids who seem to spill, and I didn't want to pay for the everything package just to get leather). This is my commuter car, and I'm getting about 37 MPG over the first 4 fill-ups and 2500+ miles (that's my own calculation. The car's computer thinks it's getting 39 MPG. Not sure why there is the difference, but I figure it'll even out over time).

But after only 2 months of ownership, the car is back at the dealer for a week because they are telling me that one of the hybrid cells is bad, and that drained the 12V battery. Anyone have longer term experience with their NAH? I like the car, but I want it to be a dependable car.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

So it turns out that it

So it turns out that it wasn't the hybrid battery that was the problem. It was the 12V battery that wasn't holding a charge. While it's not a hybrid problem, because it's a special battery, the dealer didn't have them in stock and needed to order it. In any event, I'm somewhat relieved that it wasn't a hybrid battery problem, but any problem like this in the first 2 months of ownership is a concern to me. Again, if anyone has longer term experience they'd like to share, it'd be appreciated.

I have 12,500 miles on mine.

I have 12,500 miles on mine. Not a single problem. Love the car.

I just got my NAH from

I just got my NAH from Nissan of Vacaville. Paid 23,200+ fees. MSRP was 26,415.

Worked with the internet girl. Easy, painless, awesome car! Got 35 on the way home!

more importantly, was the

more importantly, was the internet girl cute?