+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

How about for an interested buyer in Seattle?

I'm thinking of flying down to Northern California to get one o' these "improvements on the Prius."

I've got a few questions though:

1. One of the other threads said not to tell them you were from out of state so that they can't gouge you when you arrive to pick up your vehicle. But then how do you arrange for that "bypass" title, and how do you negotiate?

2. Speaking of negotiation, what can one expect to pay? Someone on this thread said he paid $1,000 less than MSRP. One of the other threads said they saw "dealer markups" of $8,000.

3. Should I be building it online and pay for it online (can that be done?) and have it delivered (assuming I can't just have it delivered to a Seattle dealer, so I'd just find one close to a NorCal airport), or start calling dealers in NorCal and negotiating.

3. What about warranty work and other stuff that you'd typically go to a deal for? It's been about 14 yrs since I bought a brand new car from a dealer so I don't even recall what to expect in terms of dealer maintenance and warranty work and whatever else you'd need a dealer visit for. In this case, will the local Seattle dealer honor the warranty? Will I get treated differently because I didn't actually buy the car from that local dealer?

4. Mr. Burnell, assuming I get some positive/reasonable answers to the above questions, could you run a search for me for one with the convenience package? I'd prefer one of the darker colors (esp. black), but would be open to other colors if it improved my chances of getting one, or even negotiating w/ a dealer who might not be able to get rid of a particular color.

Thanks in advance!

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

1. that would be me who told you to not say you're from out of state. you should be able to negotiate things like price before you give away your information. you can just email some dealers

2. i am getting $1500 off of a car that still hasn't been delivered yet. I know of someone else getting 2000 off. Research what the invoice price for the specific car you want. i would say you should be able to pay invoice for a car (there are many many hybrids on the lot that only have the convenience package)

3. you should be looking through dealer inventories. you can do this online at nissanusa.com and then you can open the dealer websites

4. warranty work on the hybrid system must be done at a certified dealer. the non-hybrid components can be done anywhere. it really depends on the dealer, i don't think they will treat you much differently

5. refer to number 3

More info...

I like how you have your questions organized.

1. Personally, I think 'Honesty is the Best Policy.' There are plenty of units available. This is not poker. You can be completely up-front with the dealer. Maybe that's why my deal was so smooth. Can you tell I'm from Vegas?

2. Dealers are dealing. You should get $1000 off the $26K unit and $2000 off the $32K unit. If not got to another dealer. Once you make a deal, give them a deposit for the vehicle over the phone. Have them run the credit check, etc. Ask about extended warranty costs, etc. all before you get on a plane.

3. The website is a little tricky. Clearly not designed to locate a vehicle out-of-state. Go online (nissanusa.com) and determine exactly what car you want (build it) and I can find it for you. I'll make a list like this one: http://favoritesbuilder.com/AHBOB.txt and you can call and make them an offer.

4. I took a little bit of a risk as far as warranty work. My understanding is that Nissan is requiring at least 1 tech. from each and every dealership in the country to be Hybrid Certified. I am hoping that it will be 24 months or more before I need any work done to the vehicle. Your local dealership benefits from in-warranty and out-of-warranty service so they will love you either way whether you bought the car there or not. Not like you have a choice. The (bad guy) in this scenario is really Nissan, not you. Again, if they give you any flak, go somewhere else.

5. See number 3

Boy, langjie, I am going to be as happy as you are when you finally get your car.

Collin Burnell can you find one here?

Hey Collin,

I replied the other day to one of your posts. I am still waiting to see one around here. I live in northern NJ and looking for a White Frost or Metallic Jade with blond leather int, tech package, floor mats and kick-plates. I was hoping there would be an incentive or rebates for the month of April. I have a few months left on my current lease of a g35x. I can waive them at almost anytime when the car is here and the price is right. The best price I have gotten is 31,000 plus tax and doc fees. Do you think that is the best I can do?

thanx
    Larry

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Dickman View Post
    ... I live in northern NJ and looking for a White Frost or Metallic Jade with blond leather int, tech package, floor mats and kick-plates....
    Larry, I live in northern NJ and 2 weeks ago got a white convience package for $2121 below list. Where about are you, do you want me to connect you to where I got mine or check on availibility?

Mighty

I'm in Wayne, if you could give me some info it would be greatly appreciated. I have spoken to most of the local dealers, not real happy with too many of them. As they say, they are one step below disk-jockey.

Thanx for your offer of help

Larry

To all interested

I made my deal on a tech package, with splash guards, floor mats, aluminum kick plate for $30000. including destination. Just adding docs, reg and tax. Very happy, should have it by Wednesday. I will keep you up to date. Can't wait!

thanx
    Larry

ouch

my dealer told me today that the order i had for the dark slate with the tech package was canceled by nissan. my order was placed in the second week in march, so i've waited 6 weeks for nothing. he said i could order a black with tech package or have a slate without the tech package on the lot, but no thanks. wow what gives?

if i could find one of these things on a lot somewhere i'd go get it, but everything seems already taken

Quote Originally Posted by juxtapos99 View Post
    my dealer told me today that the order i had for the dark slate with the tech package was canceled by nissan. my order was placed in the second week in march, so i've waited 6 weeks for nothing. he said i could order a black with tech package or have a slate without the tech package on the lot, but no thanks. wow what gives?

if i could find one of these things on a lot somewhere i'd go get it, but everything seems already taken
    well, when i was buying my car, i was told that a lot of tech packaged hybrids were cancelled because of a navi system supply problem. really sucks that you waited all that long for nothing (and i thought i had it bad)

are you going for the black then?

Mighty and Larry

I'm in Chicago so would have to travel to get one, but would you mind sharing with me the location of where you picked yours up? I can head our to NJ if need be.

Thanks!