+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

I Can't Find One

I've been trying to get me an Altima for the past month with no luck from the local dealers. It seems like everybody in TN are jerks about helping me get one. I wanted to see if I could get one through a dealership here and have them ship it to me but everytime I go they just want me to get one off the lot, and pretty much tell me I'm stupid for getting a hybrid, because the won't be worth anything for a trade in and they aren't worth it and such not. I called some local states that sell them and they either don't ship it or it cost an absolute fortune to get it shipped plus I want to trade-in my current car so none of them will do that, but i'm determined I figure i'll just have to drive to New Jersey and make a deal there

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

The wesite is not designed for locating a vehicle in another sta

Nissans website (nissanusa.com) is clearly not designed for locating vehicles in other states. It's a bit of a nuisance.

The bottom line is that you are going to have to purchase the vehicle online and then go and pick it up. For me, I managed to get a ride down to L.A. (from L.V.) from a co-worker who just happened to be headed down there for the weekend.

I recommend a one-way airfare or Greyhound ride. Make an adventure out of it! Bring the spouse or a friend.

Give me the exact specs your looking for. I bet I can locate the vehicle for you. Then just call the Dealership and make them an offer. I got $1000 off of a list of $26,400.

The messed up thing

The messed up thing about all this is that i live about 5 minutes away from where they make the darn things. They make the Altimas in smyrna,TN and I live in smyrna, TN. but anyways I wouldn't have a problem with going to pick it up because I want to trade in my car anyway so I'll drive my car up there and pick my altima up. I'm Looking for a all black altima with leather with the technology package

OK Found (2) possibly (3) so far...

I put the text file on my website:

http://favoritesbuilder.com/AHBOB.txt

Make sure you double check all of the details. I was a bit sleepy when I did it.

Good Luck!!!

Quote Originally Posted by flowtime View Post
    The messed up thing about all this is that i live about 5 minutes away from where they make the darn things. They make the Altimas in smyrna,TN and I live in smyrna, TN. but anyways I wouldn't have a problem with going to pick it up because I want to trade in my car anyway so I'll drive my car up there and pick my altima up. I'm Looking for a all black altima with leather with the technology package
    You're going to have to wait for that car. There are very few altima's with tech package nevermind super black and tech package. I'm still waiting on my dark slate/tech package car. I know of 1 available in auburn, ma. it's quite silly that the plant is there and yet you can't just buy it...

I would make a deal through the internet sale dept. Don't tell them you are from tennessee until after you make the deal, this way they can't sucker you

hey, since you're in smyrna anyways, can you ask them why my car was held up?

So flowtime, how's it going???

Do I need to find more for you?

Did I leave off any important data?

Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Collin Burnell View Post
    Do I need to find more for you?

Did I leave off any important data?

Thanks alot Mr. Burnell I think it might be better if we found some more I was going to try to trade in my current car with one of the dealerships but there is no way I could work that out to send them my car and everything. So right now I have to find somebody to buy my car CASH and then I can get me one. I don't think it'll take me that long to sell my current car, maybe a week or to, but i'm afraid the ones that you found won't be there anymore in a that amount of time. Thanks again I don't know how you're finding all of these cars because I sure couldn't. Anyway hopefully I can sell my car quick and then I can get one that you've found.

p.s. You have pleanty of info on the cars. thx

flowtime: southwest flies out of nashville, so you can get cheaper one way tickets to where ever in the northeast, maybe $200. build a hybrid on nissan.com and send it to a dealership or two up there that are near an airport, just to get someone working on finding you a car. if they get you something you can book a flight and be there in a few hours. i found a dealership within walking distance of an airport and ones slightly further would have no problem picking you up at the airport. if you want my contact (since we're looking for different colors!) email me at (same_as_my_profile_name) @yahoo.com.

i know there's one black with the tech package/leather available, or it least it was today. of course there's lots of base models sitting on lots, but the ones with tech packages are being snapped up or are already on reserve. a car coming up on the computer inventory could have 3-4 salesmen trying to make deals on it for their customers. it's hard getting something in demand that's this new, so i have an order placed with one dealership for the long term, but i have another dealership looking for an unreserved car.

it is pretty annoying there there are only base models on the lot. i would think most people buying a hybrid would want the navi too b/c it gives more info on the system

langjie,
    I wasn't willing to pay $1000 for a navigation system. My mother in law has it and rarely uses it and Ford wanted $179 for the CD to update the map to the 2007 street guide. I almost never use the cell phone in the car and definitely wasn't willing to spend $1000 for blue-tooth technology when my cell has speaker phone on it. I'm just not one to pay a premium for things I don't really need or use.