+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: FEH Air Filters

FEH Air Filters

Does anyone out there have a secret source for reasonably priced FEH air filters...engine and cabin? Additionally, any thoughts about the line of cleanable air filters...those that never need to be replace, only cleaned? Finally, has anyone had experience with getting shocked when leaving the vehicle? Every time I get out, I get zapped. Is this a FEH problem, or am I just prone to electrocution? Thanks!! Dave

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Shocked?

Answering (or at least replying to) the electric shock comment. I do NOT get shocked by my 2005 FEH. However, my 1998 Isuzu Trooper shocked me each and every time I got out of the car. Never did determine the cause!

Regarding the shock. I noticed I was getting it only during the coldest time of the year (I'm in NY), and I assumed it was static building up with my wool clothing/sweaters as I drove.

Its Shocking!

Thanks...guess I'll try some anti-static spray on the seat and see how that works.

Shocking

Hi,

I get shocked too. But I noticed its when I wear my wool coat that I get the biggest zap.

I used to have a car that shocked me when I got out. My solution was to place my finger on a screw that was in the arm rest and this grounded me and then I didn't get shocked. After awhile, it became a habit and just did it automatically.

Get a can of that antistatic spray for clothing sold in store (Saticguard?), and spray your seat once a week, and that problem will be resolved.

Air Filter

I found a cabin air filter for 17 bucks at advance auto parts (www.advanceautoparts.com). It was tough to search or but i finally found it, you could call them i am sure as well.

Mark

Ford air filter

We got in trouble for not using Ford air filter. The throttle positioning sensor was damaged (according to our dealer) because we used K&N filter. K&N are investigating

Your local auto parts store

Your local auto parts store should be able to provide you with the cabin air filter, oil filter and engine air filter. I recently purchased an oil filter from Ford at approximately $6.00. My cabin air filter (Brosch) was $24.00 at the local auto parts store while the eninge air filter (Fram) was approximately $12.00. I have not changed my hybrid battery filter yet.