+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Ships with both mast-mounted

Ships with both mast-mounted sails and steam engines were an early form of hybrid vehicle. Another example is the diesel-electric submarine. This runs on batteries when submerged and the batteries can be re-charged by the diesel engine when the craft is on the surface.Newer hybrid ship-propulsion schemes include large towing kites manufactured by companies such as SkySails. Towing kites can fly at heights several times higher than the tallest ship masts, capturing stronger and steadier winds.
    Mauritius holiday

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

We have a 2010 Honda

We have a 2010 Honda insight, which my wife mostly drives. She is tall and has developed nasty neck and shoulder pain from the headrests in our car. She has pretty good posture, but the headrests in this car force her head/chin down and her neck and shoulders forced into a hollow in the seat and her shoulders to be pushed forward...not a good description, but it definitely looks uncomfortable when she asked me to check it out. She contacted the dealer, but they said there is not anything they can do about it. Honda, we like our car, but have considered trading it in for a Toyota Prius because their headrests are comfortable! Isn't there anything that can be done short of this drastic measure?? We have been loyal Honda buyers, but this might change things.....

If only I had been aware of

If only I had been aware of this problem before purchasing the new 2012 model of Suzuki Swift. I thought I was going crazy - how could I be feeling uncomfortable in my new car??
    The head restraint is absurdly angled towards the drivers head, digging at it and pushing it at all times, forcing the driver's neck downwards.
    It causes terrible pain and discomfort. This is a careless blunder by the manufacturer's on a global scale!! I cannot believe that this hasn't come to the attention of the media in a big way. Lawsuits should be filed against these companies. Is there someone trying to get this done? Any lawyers looking for a challenge. THIS IS MASSIVE!

ITS IN ALL THE NEWER CARS I

ITS IN ALL THE NEWER CARS I JUST BOUGHT 2011 MAZDA 3 AND MY HEADREST PUSHES MY HEAD FORWARD TOO IAM OUTSIDE SALES REP SO I DRIVE ALL DAY LONG MY NECK IS SO BAD NOW IDONT KNOW WHAT TO DO WHAT HAPPENED TO THE REGULAR STRAIGHT UP AND DOWN HEAD RESTS!!!!! I HURT SO BAD YESTERDAY I TOOK MINE OUT!!!! THERE HAS TO BE A SOLUTION!!!

I have had the same problem

I have had the same problem with my Subaru Forester. I am 5'5" and the head rest pushes my head forward which causes me a lot of pain. The best solution that I have found is to use a backrest pad under my seat as well as a wedge (from a foam shop) under that. This elevates me about 3-4 inches. This sets my head higher, so that the support is behind my neck.
    My only concern is that the space between the wheel and the seat is a bit tighter. If anyone does this, and you get some pain in your right hip, it might help to sit down first and then swing your legs nto the car. Slipping your right leg into the space between the wheel and the seat could cause a repetitive motion situation. This caused me a hip bursitis until I learned what was causing it.

I also use one of those mesh

I also use one of those mesh back rests behind my lower back to support the lumber curve which may be helping to set my neck in a better spot.

My husband and I just

My husband and I just test-drove a 2012 Camry. He's 6'4 and found the headrest to be barely tolerable. I'm 5'9 and it immediately made my neck hurt. We sat in a Venza and the headrest was a deal breaker there too. The Highlander headrest was more comfortable, not great, but it's not the kind of vehicle we want.

These headrests do not offer much protection for the neck in the event of a forceful rear-end crash. The person's neck is forced backwards into the space below the top of the headrest and the top of the seat. Unfortunately, I'm speaking from personal experience.

I found this looking for solutions to this headrest problem.
    http://www.necksolutions.com/car-seat-back-support.html
    Haven't bought one yet, and may not. They have a no-return policy and this is expensive.

We're going to keep looking at other makes and models for now.

honda crv 2012 headrest from

honda crv 2012 headrest from hell

I am the unhappy owner of a

I am the unhappy owner of a 2013 Nissan Altima. As with everyone else on this forum, the headrests stick too far forward for me, forcing my head forward and down. I can make it a little less nasty if I recline the seat back much more than I would like, and this compromises proper driving position and control.

I am thinking of trying to bend the headrests posts, but I am concerned about kinking the tubing (the posts are hollow). I was going to drill a tight fitting hole in a 1/4" aluminum plate, clamp the plate to my workbench, slip the post through the hole as far as I can until the foam hits the plate, and then take a 2x4 with a matching axial hole drilled in its end to gently bend the post. I think I need only 5 to 10 degrees of bend. Anyone done anything like this? What about the kinking risk?

Thank you.

This may help - Ford in the

This may help - Ford in the US have produced head restraints that are 4 way adjustable - see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1Dxc7l0IL0

Not sure if the seats are bucket style or not.

Also, in the UK Ford have introduced 4 way adjustable head restraints to the Mondeo Titanium model. Not sure if these are as adjustable as the US model, but am hoping to test drive a current model soon to find out.