+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

I really need to take better

I really need to take better care of my car. I drive a 2005 Honda CRV and my headrest feels great, but after riding in friends' newer cars, my neck kills me. I rode in one friend's 2010 Honda last night for 20 minutes and my neck is still in a lot of pain today. I can't imagine trying to drive in that much pain. That would cause me to get in accidents. I felt violent last night and I never feel violent, I don't like that feeling.

I was thinking about getting a new car, but I won't until this issue gets solved by the manufacturers. It's ridiculous how much money and time people are forced to spend on cushions and modifications so they can sit normally in their new cars.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Glad to find this

Glad to find this conversation!! I've been in the market for a new SUV and am almost ready to just give driving my old gas guzzling Suburban until the thing falls apart. Has anyone found a new SUV (2011) that doesn't have this headrest problem. I'm 5'2" and my neck hurt on the ones I tried just during the test drive.
    fYAc3

Write the car companies

Write the car companies today to get somewhere. The more complaints the better. For a good headrest, Try the Chevy Equinox, that headrest is fine in the 2011's. Very nice ride, but out of my price range. I was in the chevy Cruze, what a PAIN in the a$$ headrest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! On the Malibu you can take the headrest OFF turn it around and it's a normal feeling headrest. Chevy was SMART on the Malibu. I am in physical therapy and I will say this, car makers are STUPID!! I'll cost my health insurance company MORE $$$$ driving a vehicle with a stupid headrest too forward, than I will ever cost them with a whiplash. Most whiplash cases are unfounded too. I assume this is the case with most Americans who'll end up with neck pain, they'll be in physical therapy.

The body is NOT meant to sit like this with your head forward, and your shoulders can't even touch the seat. I was going to buy a Chyrsler but they messed up the 200 model so you can't even sit in it comfortably. ERGG! I too am 5'2. Let's just make the people who hit people and give them whiplash, the bill for the whiplash, people drive too close and then the rest all have to suffer with more safety restraints. What's next? Seriously, motorcyclists NEVER have any of the problems car and truck drivers do. How are motorcycles still legal if the rest of us in a safer mode of transportation have to endure more required safety restraints and they don't??????????

Counterintuitively, I found

Counterintuitively, I found that bringing the headrest UP helped. Then my head came in contact with the lower, less obtrusive part of the headrest, and seemed still to provide the support that would be needed in a collision. I'll try that out for a while, and if it's still not effective I plan to get an ergonomic cushion for the seat to bring the rest of my body forward. Fingers crossed!

Also, I would strongly

Also, I would strongly recommend NOT turning around the headrest. The angle would not likely provide any more support than having no rest at all. First, don't die or become quadriplegic, THEN, avoid neck pain.

I think it is ridiculous

I think it is ridiculous that we all have to do these things to have a comfortable head rest. Who straightened yours for you? I guess a body shop would do it. I'll give it a shot tomorrow. Do not think we should have to resort to pillows and seat cushions to have a comfortable car. Like everyone else, I didn't notice on the test drive, but now it is "driving" me nuts. I have a 2011 Fit and everything else is great, but negated by the miserable head rest.

Vicki, My husband thought I

Vicki,
    My husband thought I was crazy that I should be basing my car buying decision on headrest and seat belt comfort. I am 5'1" and have problems with both headrest and the seat belt cutting across my collarbone. I am so glad I found this forum.
    I've been test driving cross-overs, not SUVs, but I have found that the Nissan brands seems to have better headrests than the Kia, Hiundai, or Toyota. Another comfortable ride for me was the Mazda.
    I don't know if this is car dependent, or all cars of the same make will have similar head restraints.
    Good luck.

We just bought a Dodge

We just bought a Dodge Journey and after a few days and hours of using it, I started to get a headache and complained to my husband about it. I'm 5'6" and was so surprised that I am having this kind of problem from this new vehicle. We had a Mazda 5 before and even with days of driving, I have never ever had any kind of complains on our old Mazda 5. I wonder if we can still bring it back to the dealer??? Please help if anybody have any ideas?

I have a 2008 Lincoln MKX;

I have a 2008 Lincoln MKX; when I told the dealer about the headrest problem, his response was "You're the first person that ever complained about this. I got the same answer from a few dealerships, and from the Lincoln/Ford main office.

I started to believe I was alone, until reading this blog.

I bought the car and it seemed fine for a short time; I sit up very straight, and with this headrest my head is being pushed forward. It started to bother my neck and back. I've tried every adjustment possible, but nothing seems to work.

I have been using a cushion on the seat, and one on the back of the seat, to push me forward. It does help, but not enough. It seems ridiculous, but I'm looking for another car, because of the headrest.

Maybe I'll try bending the posts, as someone suggested, but if it doesn't work, I hope I can bend it back without weakening the posts.

If there's any other suggestions out there, please let me know. Thanks.

I have a 2008 Lincoln MKX;

I have a 2008 Lincoln MKX; when I told the dealer about the headrest problem, his response was "You're the first person that ever complained about this. I got the same answer from a few dealerships, and from the Lincoln/Ford main office.

I started to believe I was alone, until reading this blog.

I bought the car and it seemed fine for a short time; I sit up very straight, and with this headrest my head is being pushed forward. It started to bother my neck and back. I've tried every adjustment possible, but nothing seems to work.

I have been using a cushion on the seat, and one on the back of the seat, to push me forward. It does help, but not enough. It seems ridiculous, but I'm looking for another car, because of the headrest.

Maybe I'll try bending the posts, as someone suggested, but if it doesn't work, I hope I can bend it back without weakening the posts.

If there's any other suggestions out there, please let me know. Thanks.