+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

2003 Civic Hybrid check

2003 Civic Hybrid check engine light and IMA light are on

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

My IMA light and malfunction

My IMA light and malfunction light came on and my car would stall out when I applied the brake. If I was even able to get it to go following that, it was slow to pick up and would stall again at the next light/stop sign. I let it sit in a parking lot for a few hours and came back to get it. I brought it home and let it sit over night. The malfunction light went off later in the afternoon but then on my way home from work - they came back on (IMA and malfunction) and stalled again. This had happened previously and I was given one code from a dealership. They said nothing was wrong with it and they reset the computer - but if it happens again it's probably my transmission I'll need replaced. This time i took it to a different dealership and they gave me three different codes. They are going to get into touch with Honda. I see this is a common problem for a lot of HCH owners, and I'm wondering if anyone has had any luck actually speaking with Honda and not just their dealerships?

I own a HCH 03, the card has

I own a HCH 03, the card has the IMA and Check Engine lights ON, last week it started acting up, when I stop/go it has like a delay to start so the car kind of jumps, I took it to the dealer and they gave me 5 codes from the computer, they are saying I have to replace O2 sensor, IMA module, speed sensor, transmission solenoid... Please HELP, here are the codes:

P1166
    P1600
    P0700
    P1449
    P1885

Thx

Msantos My check engine

Msantos

My check engine light came on in my 2003 Honda civic Hybrid. the O2 sensors have 50k miles on them. the software upgrade on my ECM was performed at 88k miles ( I know have 110K mile). I heard of something called a CEL fix for the rear Cat converter in order to remove the Engine light..is this for real? I really do not trust the Honda dealerships and am looking for a way not to spend thousands on this vehicle in order to fix this situation. I have heard of many who replaced O2 sensors (not cheap) and cat converters many times because of this. I've read that it is a software glich that Honda refuses to admit and correct. I await your response.

Msantos My check engine

Msantos

My check engine light came on in my 2003 Honda civic Hybrid. the O2 sensors have 50k miles on them. the software upgrade on my ECM was performed at 88k miles ( I know have 110K mile). I heard of something called a CEL fix for the rear Cat converter in order to remove the Engine light..is this for real? I really do not trust the Honda dealerships and am looking for a way not to spend thousands on this vehicle in order to fix this situation. I have heard of many who replaced O2 sensors (not cheap) and cat converters many times because of this. I've read that it is a software glich that Honda refuses to admit and correct. I await your response.

Msantos My check engine

Msantos

Where is the 100 amp

Where is the 100 amp junction board located?

I need to check the fuse on

I need to check the fuse on 100 amp junction board (getting code 1575) on a 2003 HCH. This was suggested by a post from 24 wks ago. I have a IMA light on, no charge in IMA battery showing, no charging, no assist, check eng light on. just bought car (cheap) and would like to try and fix without going back to honda for expensive diagnostics,etc. Thanks for any help you can provide. Also battery (12 volt) light comes on when eng speed is 1200 rpm or less, goes out when speeded up and comes on above 4000 (above 4000 causing battery light I believe is normal)

All of the above! Is there

All of the above! Is there anyone out there that actually thinks these cars are helping the environment and or saving $$$ over the approaching 10 year period. I would be impressed to find just one person that believes after ten years a Honda Hybrid is a worth while investment! What a racket! Get a Kia four banger and over ten years you will have saved enough to buy a Honda Hybrid if you still desire!

READ THIS BEFORE HAVING YOUR

READ THIS BEFORE HAVING YOUR CAR SERVICED!!!!!! This car is a money pit! There is no end to the phantom problems with this car and no dealership out there has had enough experience to diagnosis these cars accurately and will gladly accept any money you are foolish enough to throw their way.

We have had so many problem with our car for years, but recently both our check engine light and IMA came on and never went off. The batteries also stopped charging as they were supposed to. So, we, as we are taught, took our car to the professionals - the dealer to only be told that it wouldn't connect to the computer and they sent us away with a $80 bill for their time. WHAT? Won't connect to the computer? Are you serious and we have to pay you for telling us that? / We then carried it to an individual in town that specializes in fixing Hondas in hopes that he might be able to diagnosis our problem. Guess what? He said it connected just fine to the computer and listed several codes telling us the control module for the rear batteries and the batteries themselves were bad. *We about fainted at the cost of replacing these as the car was already 8 years old and told him that we just couldn't at this time. So, he put the car back and sent us on our way with another wonderful diagnosing bill.

BUT... low and behold - the IMA light went away and our batteries started charging again like they were supposed to.

My husband swears that these cars must have some type of corrosion problem somewhere in the electrical based on all the phantom problems we've read in this forum thus far. DO ----- Have someone find all the electrical points which are mostly behind the back seats (after the battery is unplugged of course) and clean them, and then reconnect them before spending thousands of dollars on a never ending money pit.

We've decided we are just going to drive the car until it doesn't drive anymore - with or without indicator lights on.