+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast

I also worked at a

I also worked at a dealership (not Honda), in the service department and I know what goes on. I do not agree that dealers would prefer to absorb the cost of a mistake. I also know of charges being made for services that were not needed and in some cases were not even performed. What most people do not know is that there are monthly quotas that a dealership has to obtain so that the owner, service manager and parts manager can get a monthly bonus. Not only did they get bonuses, but they also had a chance at resort trips and prizes, depending on how well the dealership did for the year. I don't know how the car sales department works, but I am quite aware of the service department. There was a lot of pressure to get the "number" right by the end of each month. I am not saying that the mechanics were dishonest, as they probably didn't know what was being put on the service ticket after they were done with the vehicle. This was all done at the manager level and when the ticket came to the billing service office, we had to do what we were told and bill it accordingly. Many of them were in warranty and the service manager said, "well, the customer isn't really paying for it, so don't worry about it"..but, I always wondered if that same item should really need repair or replacement, would the warranty still cover it? I never felt comfortable with this situation and gave up my job. I did report it, but as with most "whistle blowers", nothing came of it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Well, I'm just here to share

Well, I'm just here to share my experience and vent a little dealing with the Honda dealership.
    I bought my used 2003 Honda Civic Hybrid with 78k miles on February 2011 . Luckily for me this Hybrid is a SULEV and it has an extended warranty. For about 4 months the car worked like a champ but then summer came and the IMA light started coming on. So I took the car to my local Honda dealership and after having it there for a couple of hours they told me they needed to keep the car for a little bit longer and if what they found was not covered by the warranty that I would have to pay the "labor" cost which was going to be around $300. So I said no and decided to drive it like for now.
    Fast forward 9 months (04/01/12) and this IMA problem has now caused me a dead 12volt battery, so I decided to take the car in and hopefully this time it can get fixed. This time the dealership said that codes P1562 and P1571 came on and that they had nothing to do with the Hybrid battery cell. That it was actually two Motor commutation sensors located on the transmission and this was not covered by the warranty so therefore it would cost me close to 1500 to replace since they had to take the transmission out. Ofcoruse I said no and paid the labor cost yet again of $190 to get my car back. Once home I revisited some online forums where they show a pdf file of the 2003 Civic Hybrid SULEV California-only Warranty parts list. And sure enough the sensors that they said were not covered by warranty are indeed covered by the warranty. So now I am furious. I called the Main Honda office at 310-783-2000 and explain to them my situation. They agreed with me and told me that the problem should have gotten fixed without me paying a single penny, that the warranty covers parts and labor. So she sent my local dealer an email with my information and stating that my car needs to get fixed. So tomorrow 04/04/12 I am taking my ass back to the dealer for the third time and laying my cards on the table. They say the third time is the charm right?

Well, I'm just here to share

Well, I'm just here to share my experience and vent a little dealing with the Honda dealership.
    I bought my used 2003 Honda Civic Hybrid with 78k miles on February 2011 . Luckily for me this Hybrid is a SULEV and it has an extended warranty. For about 4 months the car worked like a champ but then summer came and the IMA light started coming on. So I took the car to my local Honda dealership and after having it there for a couple of hours they told me they needed to keep the car for a little bit longer and if what they found was not covered by the warranty that I would have to pay the "labor" cost which was going to be around $300. So I said no and decided to drive it like for now.
    Fast forward 9 months (04/01/12) and this IMA problem has now caused me a dead 12volt battery, so I decided to take the car in and hopefully this time it can get fixed. This time the dealership said that codes P1562 and P1571 came on and that they had nothing to do with the Hybrid battery cell. That it was actually two Motor commutation sensors located on the transmission and this was not covered by the warranty so therefore it would cost me close to 1500 to replace since they had to take the transmission out. Ofcoruse I said no and paid the labor cost yet again of $190 to get my car back. Once home I revisited some online forums where they show a pdf file of the 2003 Civic Hybrid SULEV California-only Warranty parts list. And sure enough the sensors that they said were not covered by warranty are indeed covered by the warranty. So now I am furious. I called the Main Honda office at 310-783-2000 and explain to them my situation. They agreed with me and told me that the problem should have gotten fixed without me paying a single penny, that the warranty covers parts and labor. So she sent my local dealer an email with my information and stating that my car needs to get fixed. So tomorrow 04/04/12 I am taking my ass back to the dealer for the third time and laying my cards on the table. They say the third time is the charm right?

I have a 2003 Civic Hybrid,

I have a 2003 Civic Hybrid, bought used with 33,000 miles and now have 120,000 miles. I've had both the engine block and the IMA lights come on and off. Two inspections by the Honda dealer has lead them to offer to replace the IMA battery with a 60/40% split for cost, with my 40% share being $1089. I'm strongly considering this offer, as I'm very happy with the car otherwise and would like to think I can get another 80,000 miles of use from it. Any opinions for me? Thanks. Jim

Hi, I just wanted to know if

Hi, I just wanted to know if anyone knows what wrong with my honda hybrid 2003 I got to a stop and the engine light came up and from there it woundnt run anymore. The car is on it just wont go anywhere.

We a got a 2003 Civic hybrid

We a got a 2003 Civic hybrid today, anyone know how long the 12v battery last,

Thanks
    Eno

Sell My Car Toronto

Fuckk u stupid hondaa a

Fuckk u stupid hondaa a waist of time

I have a 2003 Honda Hybrid

I have a 2003 Honda Hybrid (146,000 miles), Manual Transmission. I have had it for a year now. I bought it from a car auction. Seems like they took pretty good care of it. Its been great. The Maint. light has been on and off for the past 3 months id say...maybe longer...but that's not really a concern of mine. Recently my IMA and Check engine light have been on for a week, off for another, but now they are staying lit. I took it to Autozone to get the codes. Its showing me P1600 (probable cause: open or short circuit condition or Failed ECM), P1420, and P1440 (defined as MPI module output circuit malfunction). I am guessing ECM needs some re-programming at a dealership. Not sure what else those errors mean. Any common experience on theses re-occurring errors? and what do you know of the warranty covering theses errors? one more question...I heard this model or hybrid only required an oil change every 1,000 miles. Is that true??

I have a 2003 Honda Hybrid (146,000 miles), Manual Transmission. I have had it for a year now. I bought it from a car auction. Seems like they took pretty good care of it. Its been great. The Maint. light has been on and off for the past 3 months id say...maybe longer...but that's not really a concern of mine. Recently my IMA and Check engine light have been on for a week, off for another, but now they are staying lit. I took it to Autozone to get the codes. Its showing me P1600 (probable cause: open or short circuit condition or Failed ECM), P1420, and P1440 (defined as MPI module output circuit malfunction). I am guessing ECM needs some re-programming at a dealership. Not sure what else those errors mean. Any common experience on theses re-occurring errors? and what do you know of the warranty covering theses errors? one more question...I heard this model or hybrid only required an oil change every 1,000 miles. Is that true??

Sorry about the duplicate posts above...