+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

"I'm wondering if any of the

"I'm wondering if any of the work done in the past three weeks could have set this off? Between needing new brakes and the clutch, I've put in over $2400."

B-
    It is quite possible that the work they did has indeed caused the problems. I'm not a mechanic or a hybrid technician. But I own a 2003 HCH and just had my clutch replaced at 80k. The day I drove it home it had the same symptoms you describe- of having no battery charge unless you are breaking, etc. My first guess was that something they did or didn't do made it do that because I gave it to them with a perfect battery that I've never had a problem with ever.

I am really glad I found your post. I am hoping that they don't ask me for money to fix something that they did wrong. If they do I'm going to do my best not to give it to them. It sounds like this has been done before by a different dealership, so it's obviously not my fault or driving style or whatever they will try to blame the problems on this time.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

The IMA light came on, I

The IMA light came on, I also notice the gas meter was not reading correctly, the care judders, and my radio would at least turn on. I took it to the dealership and they replaced the battery and fuse. The IMA light is gone, but the gas meter is not reading correctly, it still judders, and the radio wont turn on. What did the dealership do? Please advice...I don't want them jurking/juddering me around. :-)

Hi Mari: Without watching

Hi Mari:

Without watching over their shoulder while they do their job, it is pretty hard for many of us to be sure what they have done and how.

One thing is certain, you have no reason to be happy about the outcome and the issues you are reporting are signs that perhaps you should consider visiting another dealer. Honda provides service checklists to avoid exactly these types of "quality" issues. It is obvious that in the absence of technical know how, the checklists were not followed.

I would still give this service department the opportunity to correct the discrepancies to your satisfaction and if they still fail to deliver on the results please write a letter to your Corporate Honda office and report the incidents as factually as possible... then visit another dealer.

The issues you speak of should be very easy to troubleshoot & resolve particularly if they follow the service checklists (sc) for your vehicle (as they instructed to do).

Cheers;

MSantos

Thanks, I will request they

Thanks,

I will request they follow the service checklist and provide any paperwork (EMC codes or on any test).

Dumb question: Well I don't

Dumb question: Well I don't want to sound dumb by not having the correct info.
    I went to this website: Paragraph 3 Leaves me with ??s http://corporate.honda.com/press/art...=2003112038200

Does the IMA refer to the electric motor (battery), gas engine or both?

What I'm trying to get at is - When they checked for the IMA, shouldn't they have also checked to make sure the gas meter was reading correctly?

I just want to be informed. Thanks.

As usual, there are no dumb

As usual, there are no dumb questions - just dumb answers.

The IMA system comprises all the first tier components critical to the operation of the hybrid system. The gas engine (legacy powertrain) is usually not included in the IMA topology, although it can be argued that it should since it is unique enough and different from all other power plants produced by Honda.

Nevertheless, the Hybrid IMA system consists of all the modules that are enclosed by the IPU (sitting behind the rear seat back), the hybrid specific cabling and harnesses, Motor/stator and other minor components and systems that bridge the hybrid to the legacy system. The CVT transmission, MICU, emissions package and PCM are not usually considered part of the IMA system (although exceptions have been made in the past).

It is very unusual for the gas meter to malfunction. In itself, it just reads and displays the numbers provided by the vehicle's ECU. If anything, it would be a system, sensor or the ECU itself that is malfunctioning and proving the erroneous readings. When that happens it is typical for the faulty systems to breach thresholds and generate codes which the technicians can notice and act on.

Cheers;

MSantos

I have a 2003 HCH with 160K

I have a 2003 HCH with 160K miles. Just took it in with the check engine light on... again. They tell me that I need to replace the catalytic converter again. This will be my third replacement. Now they are telling me that there are two cat converters and they should have been replaced in pairs. The car has been a great car, but I'm wondering if it is worth keeping, given this propensity for burning through catalytic converters. Any comments?

Were the cat converters

Were the cat converters recalled on the 2003 civic hybrid? Is the cat converters part of the engine? I have extended warranty and I'm wondering if its covered.

I have an 03 Civic Hybrid

I have an 03 Civic Hybrid and my IMA light has been on for awhile now. I took it back in October to get it checked out and they said it needed updates, and as some of you have, my IMA light came back on not too long after. I have 117k miles on the car I bought it used with 94k miles on it. I have no warranty on the thing, and according to the Main Honda line the October update was never preformed. In october, also, when I picked the car up they had it under a accord so I am wondering if whatever they did to it they did as an accord. Anyways, my point being, if people can't fix hybrids than they aren't worth it to me. I can't afford to take it to the shop every other month, because of their mistake.

Hi Jaclyn; I suggest you try

Hi Jaclyn;

I suggest you try another dealer and write to Corporate Honda. Many times Honda will extend warranty coverage and support courtesy for anyone willing to make their case... so I suggest you do so at your earliest convenience and in a way that will get their good-will with the least amount of effort of your part.

Cheers;

MSantos