+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    great deal!

hope you enjoy your new car

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Dude that is one hot altima. :P I'm considering for our family's next car to be a hybrid but still trying to decide on what we should get. I am still kinda of waiting for more to come out before making a final decision. I'm sure other manufacturers will eventually come on the bandwagon.

1500 Miles

Well I have just about 1500 miles on the car. It is displaying 35.5 MPG but I am actually calculating about 37 MPG's. Still riding great and I am still very happy!

congrats

congrats, your a true american patriot for buying a hybrid vehicle!!!

35.5 is great....

so far after 500 miles, i'm straddling the 34.8/35.0 line

I have just over 1600 on mine and at fill ups have been averaging around 31. mostly highway at 70MPH.

Quote Originally Posted by netshooper@cox.net View Post
    Wonder about the tax Credit The warranty work, Maintance?
    I had my dealer in AZ buy it from a dealer in CA (because the factory does not let them buy them directly) and they did warn me that they do not have all of the parts in stock, but that some of their tech were trained for the Hybrids. I bought it from Earnhardt Nissan in Mesa.

The tax credits are a Federal program, so they are applicable to all 50 states, as long as you purchase instead of leasing.

Jimi

Plunged!

I bought a Nissan Altima Hybrid in August and I love it. I had to jump through some hoops to get it here in Arizona, but I finally got it. I got the full package (with Nav, leather, etc.) since I hope to not have to buy a car for at least 5 years. I bought it to take advantage of the tax refunds, since if you lease you canít get rebates.

I really love the car so far. I trade in an SUV which used to get me 14 MPG with my driving style. The Altima has gives me 31 MPG so far, but I have also adjusted my driving style a bit, since I can only use EV under 40 mph. By the end of my time in the SUV, I tried hard to increase MPG but only got up to 16 MPG.

So, right off the bat, Iím saving about half with each fill up. Granted, I bought it in the middle of summer, where the temps go above 110 F, so Iíve had to use the A/C a lot! My last fill-up was 10/8, 16.32 gallons, 481.5 miles, avg. MPG 31. Iím hoping it will improve once the weather improves.

The trunk space is still pretty big, though the batteries take up a good chunk of the back of the trunk. (Its been hard adjusting from the space in the SUV to the car. Where do I put my ladders now?)

Iíve noticed a few places where you can tell Nissan took shortcuts in the interior and such, but the keyless entry/start is cool and the tech package has bluetooth phone, iPod connection, navigation, XM radio and even traffic warnings.

So far, Iím happy with it. In fact I love it.

cool, congrats!

i'm loving mine too, best tank i've had i went to 708 miles with an 18.5 gallon fill up

Hi all,

New proud owner of the Altima hybrid as of today. Like another poster, I also purchased mine in N. Attleboro MA. Jeez I love this car so far. I got an 07 model off the lot. It has the convenience package and a sunroof, It listed for 28 and change. I have no idea if I got a good deal, been buying cars for 30 years and never really knew what a good deal was. But I paid 23.5K for this one, and they threw in a portable navigation system. (they had a special for remote car starters until I explained to them that it wouldn't work in a hybrid, so they changed it to the nav system)

Steve