+ Reply to Thread

Fuel tank knock noise when tank is full

Recently took the car to have the noise removed, and Ford sent me home with a note that indicated that all the FEH have that noise and that it will not be fixed.
    Has anyone experienced this anoying noise?
    (fuel tank float knocks on tank wall when full for about 1/4 of the tank level)

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Cardoza View Post
    Recently took the car to have the noise removed, and Ford sent me home with a note that indicated that all the FEH have that noise and that it will not be fixed.
    Has anyone experienced this anoying noise?
    (fuel tank float knocks on tank wall when full for about 1/4 of the tank level)
    No, I have no noise at any level except gas sloshing around every once in awhile.

The shop manual states that if you remove the fuel tank module, care must be taken to prevent damage to float arm. My guess is, the arm is bent causing it to hit the side of the tank at that level.

Good luck, and you might want to take it to another dealership. Dealing with a full tank of gas may be the reason the dealership didn't want to mess with it. After the dealership admits to the noise, offer to drive the gas out and return it for repair. I say this because I try every way in the world to pump the fuel out of my tank because of bad gas. I ended up driving it dry because you can't get any type of hose that I know of to feed to the gas level. That may be why the dealership won't mess with it also.

GaryG