+ Reply to Thread

Negotiating Help

Forum newbie here. My two year lease is about to expire on my regular Altima and I am excited about getting a new hybrid version. Even though I live in Boston, I understand that inventory is not great. It's also my understanding that Nissan is taking a loss on the hybrid model. I would like to go with the fully loaded version, particularly for the Bluetooth option), even though I may have to put in an order and wait a couple weeks for it to arrive. I would take the standard model though.

From what I've been reading on the Web, since I know exactly what I want I may be able to get a better deal by calling around to Internet sales managers for quotes. But I've never bought a car this way and all things considered with inventory and Nissan's loss, I'm not sure what the best way of doing all this is. Especially with a hybrid model.

Also, as I mentioned I was only thinking of the getting the higher end version because of Bluetooth but I guess I could always just get a headset....?

One more question, any thoughts how this car will handle in NE driving conditions?

Any thoughts, suggestions, advice would be seriously most appreciated!

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

hi starsushi, i'm from boston too (quincy to be exact). my hybrid altima will arrive from clay nissan in 6 days (woohoo!!!)

Just because nissan is taking a loss for the car, doesn't mean that the dealer is. for a fully loaded model with an MSRP of $32,535, this is $2597 over the dealer invoice. My car that is coming in has the Tech Package and floor mats (msrp $32,365) and I purchased it for about $31,000. Most of the tech package hybrids will be arriving in dealerships between a week to 2-3 weeks from now. I dealt with a guy named Jeff Craig (jcraig@claycars.dealerspace.com) and he was pretty nice throughout this process. I gave him 1 number, he gave me 1 that was close to it and we had a deal. You can go to edmunds.com and/or carsdirect.com and send your request to every dealership around and on top of that, tell them you're speaking with other dealerships

If you didn't want to spend that much and can live without the Tech Package, there are a couple of dealerships that have connection package hybrids. I think Marlboro Nissan has a tech package in stock (atleast they did 2 weeks ago).

As for driving around NE, I think it will be good. The hybrid has both traction control and vehicle dynamic control which should help in the snow.

If you want to ask me more questions about my experience, you can email me at kyutieboi@yahoo.com

Thanks Langjie!

I'll be sending you an email...

So... What happened? Did you get a car yet?

Inquiring minds want to know!

-Gren