+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I have here some update about my car, Honda...I hope this might help and give some ideas...=)
    The new, 2007 Honda CR-V is more powerful, more stylish and more comfortable than the previous-generation 2006 models. Its new suspension geometry delivers an improved ride and better, more responsive handling.

The engine, still an inline four cylinder, employs variable intake valve timing to optimize horsepower and torque for acceleration and cruising speeds. The transmission is a new, five-speed automatic. Real Time all-wheel drive is offered on all three models. The U.S. EPA rates the front-wheel drive CR-V at 23/30 city/highway miles per gallon and the all-wheel drive at 22/28.

Thus, buyers looking for peppy performance, snazzy styling and easier financing have better choices. Its Honda fuel filter and other accessories like Honda lights in their excellent condition...But for Honda loyalists looking for something better than their current CR-V or an SUV to step up into from their Civic, the '07.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Hybrid Civic 2007

IMA drive cuts out and resets after restart. Yup mine too, been twice to dealer each time they reset the computer and send me home. It keeps happening. Now I am going back and doing their job "Order me a Motor Rotor Sensor"

Thanks to this forum for the answers I need.. Doesn't Honda tell these grease monkeys about this crap? Or do they just keep sending people home.... LAME!

2007 Hybrid flaw - needs recall

Motor Rotor Current Sensor Malfunction... So that what is happening to my 2007 civic hybrid? The dealer sent me home twice with that exact issue. Now it is getting so bad I can't clear the error... Going to the dealer again tomorrow to raise hell...

Motor Rotor Current Sensor Malfunction - stupid!

Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Inc View Post
    Motor Rotor Current Sensor Malfunction... So that what is happening to my 2007 civic hybrid? The dealer sent me home twice with that exact issue. Now it is getting so bad I can't clear the error... Going to the dealer again tomorrow to raise hell...

Motor Rotor Current Sensor Malfunction - stupid!
    Thats right mayt.. Of possible, bring hell to them!!

Hybrid Problem with IMA

I bought my HCH2 in May of 2006. I have approx 30K miles on it. I started it up a couple days ago and it started with the gas engine, so I knew something was wrong there. On the dash the IMA, check engine, and battery lights were all on. I turned it on and off a couple times and got the same result. So I drove it over to the dealer and noticed the electric was not assisting the car in any way (this made it pretty sluggish)

Dealer did some debug and found it to be a bad "W-phase motor current sensor" I have the steps they went through if anyone is interested but they replaced a "PDU assembly" and it seems to drive ok for now.

I had the same problem as

I had the same problem as ChrisG. However in my case and after a couple of dealers and a sensor replaced as well as two 12V batteries, the problem does not seem to go away. The two referred lights: IMA and battery are associated with the gas motor charging the main battery and powering all electrical car system. The first dealer diagnosed a malfunction in the sensor. This dealer was about 250 miles from my home town, I just happened to be close to there. A week later, they assured me thae car was OK and there you are, as I am leaving the dealer the lights showed up again. I took the chance of taking it back to my home town but as I noticed the AC would be running down the batrtery quickly, it was hell for me and my family. There were a few ocasions in whivch the lights would disapear and just the emision orange light wopuld show, where the battery seemed to be charging. based upon the different circunstances I cannot tie any of those to any specific situation, however, most of the times it was draining the battery. The first dealer did a sloppy job even forgeting to reset the electrical system after installing the sensor. this was done later on by my suggestion. The saga continues as we speak, with a second visit to a dealer in my hometown.

My 2007 HCH is in shop since

My 2007 HCH is in shop since 9/02/09 . My daughter and I were almost T-Boned crossing the freeway on our way home,which we do every day to get home, the check engine light went on about 15 minutes before this occured.Crossing the freeway is at an incline. I waited till it was clear, started to go then realized I was not picking up speed as I sould be. The pedal was to the floor. We were almost hit by a big yellow semi-truck.This car was towed to dealership. Someone is going to be killed in one of these cars. This is not acceptable.We all need to make waves. Get Honda to fix this. My car was in shop for this problem 10 days before this. They said nothing was wrong. Honda knows there is a problem. Call Honda if you have a problem get the case#. 1-800-999-1009 . Beware of Honda Civc Hybrids.

My original purchase 2007

My original purchase 2007 HCH (just passed 100,000 mark) had begun experiencing low bars and power this summer (Dallas, TX area) and was about to call the dealer when I received the IMA software update notice. Had it done, and I've gone a week since then with my usual 5 day average of 145 miles of mixed hwy and stopNgo traffic. Haven't noticed any improvement. A bit concerning as I wanted this for 300,000 miles, as well as the safety issue of not having power when I need to pull out into traffic. The bars fluctuate frequently during my daily drives, from none to nearly top. The power issue is much more frequent, and forced me to not trust it. Scary moments in traffic, I can tell you. Not sure what to think, or do next.

MSantos,

would like to hear your words of wisdom.

FWIW The "Motor Current

FWIW The "Motor Current Sensor" is part of the PDU or Power Drive Unit, and sits beside the battery pack in the rear of the vehicle, near the capacitor pack. No need to remove engine, tranny or motor.

The "Motor Position Sensor" is different, and is part of the IMA hardware under the hood, part of the actual IMA motor itself.